WCAC’s Head Start Program to Take Part in Read for the Record
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
The campaign helps address the educational inequalities which leave children unprepared for kindergarten. This year’s official campaign book is “The Bear Ate Your Sandwich” by Julia Sarcone-Roach.
The event will take place on Thursday, October 27 at 10 a.m.
Read for the Record
Since 2006, Jumpstart’s Read for the Record 24 hour celebration has helped over 17 million people, and Jumpstart holds the world reading record for the most people reading the same book on the same day.
WCAC will bring in 13 “celebrity” readers to classrooms to participate in the event. Readers include State Representative Peter Durant, State Representative Joseph McKenna, Webster Public Schools Interim Superintendent Richard Lind, United Way of Southbridge, Sturbridge & Charlton Executive Director Mary O'Coin, AJ Alkire of Point Breeze Restaurant, Leslie Baker of Webster Adult Basic Education and WCAC's Board of Directors, WCAC Executive Director Jill Dagilis, as well as representatives from MAPFRE Insurance, Southbridge Credit Union and Southbridge Savings Bank.
Related Slideshow: Top Shelf Tuesday - October 4, 2016
What started out as a Kickstarter by beloved novelist Jane Green quickly blossomed in its demand. With behind-the-scenes looks at these simple and delicious recipes, all of which are straight from Jane's kitchen, they'll easily become classics in yours as well.
For tickets to the 10/26 Jane Green author luncheon at the Casino at Roger Williams Park complete with recipes from Jane’s cookbook and an autographed copy of the cookbook please click HERE.
Isaac Fizgerald and Wendy MacNauhton
The second in its series, Fitzgerald and MacNaughton present a quirky and colorful collection of chefs and the stories behind their tattoos. Compiling tales and recipes from more than 65 chefs, this conversation piece is a must for anyone who loves food, knives, or ink. (Out 10/18)
Natalie Eve Garrett
Inspired by the 1961 publication of the same name, Garrett now pairs stunning illustrations with recipes from some of today's most renowned artistic luminaries. The roster includes (but is certainly not limited to): Joyce Carol Oates, TC Boyle, Ann Hood, and James Franco. (Out 10/11. Tune into the Reading With Robin podcast on iTunes for the interview)
Rich Landau and Kate Jacoby
From the Philly-based cult status culinary duo comes over 100 recipes inspired by the menu at their eponymous eatery. Brimming with stunning travel photography, anecdotes, and tips for the kitchen, these veggie-focused riffs on street food will leave home chefs endlessly inspired.
- Don’t Miss: Poetry Reading at Russian Icon Musuem
- Fit For Life: Are You Reading That Label Right?
- Acclaimed Author Leah Hager Cohen to Give Reading at Holy Cross
- John Monfredo: Activities Set for “Reading in Our City Week” June 9
- John Monfredo: Reading Week to Summer Reading, Here are Some Ideas
- StoryWalk Festival to Bring Joy of Reading and Nature to Worcester
- John Monfredo: Reading In Our City Week
- Why Summer Reading is Essential for Your Children
- John Monfredo: Is Your Child Reading on Grade Level?
- New: Venerini Academy will Host Community Reading Day 2013
- Top 20 Books For Summer Reading
- Monfredo: Has Your Child Finished His/Her Summer Reading?
- Well-Read: Reading with Robin - Best of 2014
- Reading With Robin: 2016 Summer Reading Series & Summer Giveaway
- Monfredo: MLK, Jr. Breakfast Celebration… Spreading The Importance Of Love
- Monfredo: Reading Week In Our City – Week Of June 5.. Join In & Support Reading
- Worcester Public Library Set to Kick-Off Summer Reading Program
- Monfredo: Parents, Reading Is Essential For Your Child This Summer
- Monfredo: Activities Set For “Reading in Our City Week” - June 14
- Reading With Robin’s 5 Favorites for Mother’s Day
- Well Read: Reading With Robin announces Book Club 411 with HUGE Giveaway!
- Well-Read: Reading With Robin - Why Does 50 Shades Of Grey Matter?
- Monfredo: Reading: The Recipe for Future Success
- Summer Reading With Robin 2015
- Worcester Public Library Announces Summer Reading Program Schedule