Where to Buy Local on Black Friday
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Worcester Local First is a non-profit network of Worcester businesses hoping to connect with consumers to strengthen the Worcester economy. While you won't find a one-stop shop in the bunch, you will find several stores that have great gifts for the holidays. Add in the fact that you won't be fighting the usual Black Friday crowds and that you will be helping local businesses, and it's a win-win.
1094 Pleasant Street
Whatever style you're looking for, you will find it at Adore Boutique. A unique combination of timeless classics and trendy originals adorn the walls, and the selection ranges from simple tops to specialty accessories. Head in to find something for all the special women in your life.
Neal Rosenblum Goldsmiths Gallery
261 Park Avenue
Rosenblum has an exceptional selection of dark and white gold rings, necklaces, earrings and other pieces. Since you are going to a goldsmith and not a jewelry store, you can even design your very own unique piece of jewelry. This can come in especially handy for any guys looking to pop the question around the holidays.
134-136 Southbridge Street
Ok, so we've already bought our grown up stuff, let's have a little fun, primarily with customizable and comfortable t-shirts. Guertin is mostly known for providing quality sporting apparel to area teams, but that shouldn't stop you from making some fun custom shirts for you and your friends and family. Shoot them an email for a quote tailored to your needs and budget.
258 Park Avenue
If you have an artistically gifted child in the family, look no further than C.C. Lowell. The art supply and framing specialist can provide your child with the tools they need to create their own masterpiece, and you can then head back to get it framed once they're done. Or, kids, if you want to give mom and dad that special present, why not frame one of your original works and give it to them this holiday season?
- GETTING OUT: Worcester Restaurant Week
- GETTING OUT: 8 Best French Fries in Worcester
- GETTING OUT: Central MA’s Best Pumpkin Patches
- GETTING OUT: Central MA’s Hot Karaoke Spots
- GETTING OUT: Central Mass Boutiques
- GETTING OUT: Central Mass Yoga Studios
- GETTING OUT: Drinks Outside for the End of Summer
- GETTING OUT: Fall Bike Ride Spots
- GETTING OUT: Food Truck Festival Comes to Elm Park
- GETTING OUT: Fun with Your Pet
- GETTING OUT: Great Outdoor Dining Spots
- GETTING OUT: Live Music in Worcester
- GETTING OUT: Manly activities to do this weekend
- GETTING OUT: The Best Coffee in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: The Best Halloween Parties in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: The Best Hibachi Spots in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: The Best Spas in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: Trick Your Kid Into Learning in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: Where to Party in Worcester
- GETTING OUT: Where to Play Mini Golf in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: Where to Watch the Game
- GETTING OUT: Worcester Restaurant Week’s Ethnic Fare
- GETTING OUT: Worcester’s Swanky Cocktail Spots