Winter Reimagined Returnst to Tower Hill on Nov. 27th
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
“For us the celebration of light is important, as Winter Reimagined highlights our prized plant collection at a time when most of us aren’t thinking much about plants. But it’s also more than that. During the shortest days of the year, light brings warmth and a sense of coming together. Then, as we cross the Winter Solstice, and the days grow longer, we can imagine our gorgeous gardens inching toward spring, the plants, animals, and us coming out of hibernation. We can begin to imagine the light at the end of the tunnel that is a New England winter. So let’s celebrate together in a setting that inspires hope fueled by natural cycles. Let’s get out and enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer, year-round," said CEO Kathy Abbott.
Winter Reimagined is now in its 19th year and has something for all gas to enjoy. This year's display will consist of seasonal food at Twigs Cafe, crafts and scavenger hunts for children, conservatories filled with lush subtropical plants, unique finds in the Garden Shop, outdoor fire pits, wreath making workshops, and many strings of creatively placed indoor lights and decorations of recycled materials.
The month will feature dozens of trees decorated with 1,500 volunteer made decorations which were created with materials reused or repurposed from gardens, grounds, and recycling bins. Visitors will have a chance to see the transformation of ordinary objects into decorations.
Going to Winter Reimagined
All admission fees to toward Tower Hill's mission to make the world better. Winter Reimagined is open to the public from Nov. 27 to January 3rd.
The new hours of operation are Sundays and Tuesdays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesdays through Saturdays 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (The property is closed Mondays, Dec. 24, 25 and 31, and Jan. 1)
For more information, click here.
- Don’t Miss: African Violet Show at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Don’t Miss: 25,000 Daffodils Blooming at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tower Hill Free for Mothers on Mother’s Day Weekend
- Tower Hill Announces Summer Concert Series
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden Hosts Winter Carnival This Weekend
- Tower Hill Botanical Garden to Host Shades of Autumn this Weekend
- NEW: Tower Hill the Place to Be for Arbor Day
- NEW: Tower Hill to Host Annual Primrose Show
- Tower Hill to Host Accomplished Saxophonist
- Don’t Miss: Rose Show at Tower Hill Father’s Day Weekend
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Present Season of Harvest
- Tower Hill Executive Director to Receive National Award
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host The New England Herb Show
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host Artisan Weekend
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden To Launch Health and Wellness Series
- Tower Hill Botantic Garden To Host Plant Sale on May 31
- Live Caterpillar Show Coming to Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden Joins Massachusetts ‘Garden Trail’
- Catch Gardener’s Emporium at Tower Hill With Your WOO Card
- Tower Hill to Host Autumn Joys Flower Show