Worcester Art Museum Names 3 New Board Members
Monday, December 17, 2018
The new members are Dorothy Chen-Courtin of Harvard, Antonella Doucette of Harvard, and Clifford J. Schorer III of Southborough.
The appointments were made at the Museum’s 122nd annual meeting on November 29, held at Tuckerman Hall.
The Appointees are As Follows;
Dorothy has been a nonprofit management consultant for over 20 years, focusing on the multi-faceted challenges of sustainability and growth. Dorothy is delighted for her career and education to come full circle, as joining WAM’s board allows her the opportunity to use her graduate school studies in Asian Art History. Dorothy is a current board member at the Greater Lowell Community Foundation, a member of the Board of Overseers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and an Advisory Board Member at Arts Extension Service at UMass Amherst. Dorothy has degrees from Barnard College, Northeastern University, and Columbia University, and lives in Harvard with her husband, Patrick.
Antonella is an educator and dedicated volunteer. Originally from Italy, she teaches very popular Art History courses in WAM’s Studio Class program, as well as classes at the Worcester Institute for Senior Education (WISE) at Assumption College. She attended law school in Italy at the University of Pavia. A trustee emerita of WAM, she was on the board 1998-2007 and has been a WAM docent since 1999. She previously served as head of volunteers and Chair of the Diversity Committee. She and her husband, Roger, are co-owners of R.S.V. Inc., a franchise operator of several Dunkin Donuts locations. They live in Harvard and have been Salisbury Society members for over 20 years.
Clifford J. Schorer III
Cliff is a “serial entrepreneur” and trustee emeritus of WAM. His Museum involvement includes serving as a trustee 2006-2015 and as Board President 2011-2013, and he has also served on the Technology, Investment, and Finance Committees. His career includes roles as president for numerous companies, primarily in the real estate development business, and he operates an auction and liquidation company which he founded in 1984. Cliff is also director of a public charity which he founded in 1999, focusing on the creation of affordable housing. An avid art collector—particularly Old Master paintings and Chinese Imperial porcelain—Cliff lives in Southborough and also spends time in London.
- Worcester Art Museum to Bring Back “Free August” Program
- Worcester Arts Council Announces MCC Gold Star to N-CITE
- Worcester Art Museum Announces Cats-in-Residence Program
- Worcester Art Museum Medieval Holiday Celebration
- Worcester Art Museum Opening Exhibit Focused on Artist Emberley
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Workshops For Kids During February Break
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Flora in Winter From January 28-31
- Worcester Art Museum Names Bafaro Jr. President of Board
- Worcester Art Museum to Trace Trajectory of Cyanotype in Major U.S. Exhibition
- Worcester Art Museum Set to Host Winter Classes
- 10 to Watch in 2016: Joe Bafaro Jr., Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Names Gibbs President of Board of Trustees
- 50 Central MA Residents to Become US Citizens in Ceremony at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Artist Barbato to Have Work Exhibited at Krikorian Gallery
- Worcester Art Museum Names Whitner Director of Curatorial Affairs
- Old Sturbridge Village, Worcester Art Museum Win Publication Awards
- 2 Vietnam Artists to do Residency at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Names Weir Director of Education & Experience
- 50 People to Become US Citizens in Ceremony at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Announces Newest Exhibit Titled “Exploring the Myths of James Dye”
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Four Major Exhibitions Starting in May
- Worcester Art Museum Names Earley Director of Advancement
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Interactive Public Art Performance Titled “Organic Concept”
- Worcester Art Museum to Offer Free Admission in August