Worcester Art Museum to Host Annual Fall Community Day
Saturday, October 06, 2018
Fall Community Day will take place on Saturday, November 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“In a feast for the senses, the Museum will be filled with sights, smells, and sounds of India during this full day of programming and special performances,” said the Worcester Art Museum in their press release.
Activities and programs include:
- Indian Dress Try-ons: Get a close-up view of the luminance and color of India’s traditional garments and learn how to drape a Sari. Presented by India Society of Worcester.
- Mehndi: See how a mehndi artist works and receive henna of your own. The art of mehndi has been a long-standing tradition stemming from many ancient cultures but is mostly known today for its history and prevalence in India.
- Hands-on Activities: Make paper marigolds, Diwali door hangings, and Madhubani art coasters to bring home
- Music and Dance: The India Society of Worcester presents a full line-up of traditional, modern, and contemporary Indian performances in the Museum’s grand Renaissance Court.
- Food: Traditional Indian food will be available for purchase. (Please note the Museum Café will not be open on this day due to the Community Day activities.)
- Gallery Tours: 10:30 a.m. – Family Tour; 12 noon—Zip Tour: "The Genius of Louis Tiffany and John LaFarge" (in the Radiance Rediscovered exhibition); 2 p.m. – Tour of the Month: The Art of India and Iran
- Related Exhibition: This year’s Fall Community Day coincides with the special exhibition, Preserved Pages: Book as Art in Persian and India, 1300-1800.
- Worcester Arts Council Announces MCC Gold Star to N-CITE
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Workshops For Kids During February Break
- Worcester Art Museum to Bring Back “Free August” Program
- Worcester Art Museum Announces Cats-in-Residence Program
- Worcester Art Museum Medieval Holiday Celebration
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Flora in Winter From January 28-31
- 10 to Watch in 2016: Joe Bafaro Jr., Worcester Art Museum
- First U.S. Exhibition of Cyanotype to Be Held at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Names Bafaro Jr. President of Board
- Worcester Art Museum to Trace Trajectory of Cyanotype in Major U.S. Exhibition
- Worcester Art Museum Set to Host Winter Classes
- Worcester Art Museum Opening Exhibit Focused on Artist Emberley
- Worcester Art Museum Names Gibbs President of Board of Trustees
- Worcester Art Museum Names Whitner Director of Curatorial Affairs
- 50 People to Become US Citizens in Ceremony at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Artist Barbato to Have Work Exhibited at Krikorian Gallery
- Old Sturbridge Village, Worcester Art Museum Win Publication Awards
- 2 Vietnam Artists to do Residency at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum Announces Newest Exhibit Titled “Exploring the Myths of James Dye”
- Worcester Art Museum to Offer Free Admission in August
- 50 Central MA Residents to Become US Citizens in Ceremony at Worcester Art Museum
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Four Major Exhibitions Starting in May
- Worcester Art Museum Names Earley Director of Advancement
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Interactive Public Art Performance Titled “Organic Concept”
- Worcester Art Museum Names Weir Director of Education & Experience