Worcester Center for Crafts Announces Registration for Summer Fun Program
Wednesday, July 05, 2017
Summer Fun is two one-week sessions for youth, ages 6-17.
The first session of Summer Fun starts on July 10, while the second session begins on July 17. Each session is five days long.
Registration can be done by clicking here.
Summer Fun is an extension of the Center’s Youth Craft + Creativity Program that was founded to help introduce kids to art, aesthetics, science, math and design.
For ages 6-9, classes include Clay-ful Creations, This is My Story, Amazing Metals, and the Whole Shebang! For ages 10-13, choices include Clay, Metals and More; Built by Hand (ceramics); The Whole Shebang; and Intro to Jewelry.
In addition, two Intensive Portfolio Builders are being offered for teens, ages 14-17 in afternoon sessions, 1:30-4:30 pm: Intro to Jewelry (beginning July 10) and Teens at the Wheel (ceramics, beginning July 17)
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer - 2017
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival takes place from June 2 to June 11 in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
This 10 day celebration features four stages with free live music from Arrested Development and more. The festival also will feature local food and much more.
For more information, click here.
Taking a Cruise on a Windjammer
Head to Maine and sleep aboard a National Landmark, the Maine Windjammer Fleet.
Go on a three, four or six-day cruise and get closer than ever before to wildlife like whales, eagles, and porpoises while you see some of the best coastal scenery that North America has to offer.
After a successful first festival, the PVDFest returns to Providence for the third year and will take place from June 1-4.
The festival will bring in art, music, performances and more from all over the United States and the world for the free outdoor festival.
Catching a Worcester Bravehearts Game
Year after year, the Worcester Bravehearts are one of the best baseball teams in New England.
They bring in some of the best college talent from across the region to compete for the Futures League Championship.
Don't miss a game.
Visiting Cape Playhouse Theatre
Taking a ride to Cape Cod and visit the oldest summer theatre in the country, Cape Playhouse. Cape Playhouse was first opened in 1927 by Raymond Moore.
The theatre has been home to some of the biggest stars to ever grace a stage like Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart amongst others.
Enjoying the South County Hot Air Balloon Fest
There is nothing quite like the Hot Air Ballon Fest. This is the place to enjoy glowing hot air balloons, crafts, music, food, fishing, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
The festival will be held from July 21-23 on the URI athletic fields.
Participating in the Worcester World Cup 2017
The 2017 Worcester World Cup is set to take place from Friday, August 11 to Sunday, August 13.
The Worcester World Cup is more than a soccer tournament. It's a celebration of Worcester and a safe, friendly family event that people look forward to all year.
Newport Jazz Festival
The 2017 festival is set to take place from Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6.
The festival will show off over 50 individual jazz ensembles on four stages including performances at the International Tennis Hall of Fame and Fort Adams State Park.
Seeing a Movie at the Rustic Drive-In
Look forward to Calling up your friends, pack a picnic, and sit in your car as feature films are projected on giant outdoor screens.
The audio plays right through your radio, so be sure to turn the volume up high as you snack on your candy and popcorn.
Zip Lining in the Berkshires
Looking for something new and exciting? Head to the Berkshires and get yourself on a zip line, maybe even do a canopy tour.
There are three different tour options, starting with the base area tour which lasts an hour or the Moutain Top or Valley Jump tour which takes three hours. Both of those are sure to shoot some adrenaline into your day.
The Little League World Series
While the Little League World Series does not take place in New England, the series is arguably the marquee sporting event of the summer.
There will be a New England team in it this year and therefore, the Little League World Series is always something to look forward to
Catching a PawSox Game at McCoy
Nothing says summer time like sitting at McCoy Stadium and watching a Pawtucket Red Sox game.
While the PawSox are already in action, the weather is getting warmer and it will be much more comfortable to go out to a game.
Billy Joel at Fenway Park
For the fourth consecutive year, rock and roll legend Billy Joel will play Fenway Park.
Billy Joel released his first hit song, arguably still his biggest hit, Piano Man in 1973 and since then has become the 6th best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States.
Joel was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992 and then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Worcester Center for Crafts Unveils Half-Million Dollar Expansion
- Make Your Own Halloween Mask at Worcester Center for Crafts with Your Woo Card
- Worcester Center for Crafts: Make Your Own Sangria Pitcher
- Leading in Central Ma: Worcester Center for Crafts’ Honee A. Hess
- Hot Night In the City Coming to the Worcester Center for Crafts
- Inside Guide: The Worcester Center for Crafts
- NEW: Enameling Exhibit Opens at Worcester Center for Crafts Tonight
- New: Pottery Show to be Held at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Worcester Center for Crafts to Host Architecture Exhibit
- Worcester Center for Crafts Presents Donna Dufault’s Culinary Imaginings
- Worcester Center for Crafts Announces Winter Classes
- Worcester Center for Crafts to Host Symposium on Brazilian Culture
- Worcester State Professors Featured in Exhibit at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Worcester Center for Crafts Set to Open New Exhibit Featuring Art from Brazil
- CUPS Exhibit on Display at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Pottery Invitational at Worcester Center for Crafts Set for May 13-15
- Pottery Invitational Set for This Weekend at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Worcester Center for Crafts’ Holiday to Feature Over 60 Artists
- Pottery Invitational at Worcester Center for Crafts to Feature 20 Artists