Worcester Chamber Music Society Festival to Present “A Quartet of Nations”
Tuesday, July 01, 2014
The four programs capture the intimacy of chamber music as reflected through four nations: France, The Americas, Germany, and Russia.
Hailed as a group with style, imagination, and chops, the Worcester Chamber Music Society is an ensemble founded and comprised of local musicians for residents of Worcester County.
In addition to appealing to longtime followers of chamber music, the Society is hoping to introduce the music to new audiences through financially and geographically accessible concerts, outreach, and educational programs.
The events take place in the Razzo Hall at Clark University at 92 Downing Street in Worcester. A preconcert talk will occur at 7:30 pm while the concert will begin at 8 pm. The hall is air-conditioned and handicap accessible. Parking is free.
Tickets are $30 for adults, $25 for seniors, $8 for students, and $15 for participant families. Children 17 and under are free. Purchase tickets to all four concerts for a 10-percent discount. For more information call (508) 217-4450 or visit www.worcesterchambermusic.org.
Related Slideshow: Summer Music Series in Central MA
64th Annual Charter Communications Summer Family Concert Series
With roots dating to 1947, the Massachusetts Symphony Orchestra for over six and a half decades has presented high-quality symphonic performances for more than two million concert-goers. Take in the 64th annual charter Communications Summer Family concert Series. Enjoy fireworks with your Tchaikovsky and celebrate Independence Day on Thursday, July 3 at 8 PM in East Park. “Classics to Broadway” will be held on Sunday, July 13 at Institute Park and a Salute to Disney on July 20. Both will be at 7PM at Institute Park. All Concerts Free
Fruitlands Museum Summer Concert Series
Every Thursday, June 21 – July 26, 7PM
102 Prospect Hill Rd, Harvard, MA 01451
Description: Join us at Fruitlands for our 27th season with the Concord Band. Grounds open at 6PM for picnics. Concerts are Thursdays at 7:15pm from June 13 until August 8. The Harvard Lions Club will be selling food and drinks. Bring a blanket or chairs to sit on as the concerts are held outdoors. Handicapped seating is available under the tent on the patio. Your concert admission includes access to all the buildings. $10/car for museum members, $15/car for nonmembers. Dogs welcome. Check the front page of the Fruitlands’ site for cancellations due to weather.
Out to Lunch Concert Series & Farmers Market
Out To Lunch, the popular summer concert series, returns to the Worcester Common Oval at 455 Main Street. Concerts are held from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM Thursdays from June 19, 2014 - August 21, 2014. Enjoy live music, a farmer’s market, artisan marketplace and food vendors. FREE and open to the public In the event of questionable weather conditions, please call 508 929-0777 for updated Oval conditions.
Sterling Summer Concert Series
A free summer concert series is offered by the town of Sterling on Monday and Wednesday nights beginning July 2 from 6 - 8 PM at Memorial Park. The season kicks off with the Air National Guard Band of the Northeast. The series features artists from a variety of genres including blues, jazz, Beatles tribute band, 60’s music and so much more.
Tool Town Live
Tool Town Live is a free concert series which started in Athol in 2004 and has become one of the most popular and well-attended outdoor summer concert series in the region. Tool Town Live is a series of August and September concerts held from 7-9pm in various outdoor venues in good weather and at Athol Town Hall in case of rain. Stay tuned to 97.3FM WJDF or listen online at http://www.wjdf.com for concert info!
- Dale LePage: On the Downbeat with Country Musician Houston Bernard
- MUSIC: Catching Up with Marshall Crenshaw
- MUSIC: Crenshaw and Bottle Rockets Heat Up the Narrows
- NEW: Worcester Pride Forges Alliance Between TV + Country Music Stars
- Three WCS Students Chosen as All-State Musicians
- Moms Can-Do’s: Music Classes + More
- 13 Biggest Music Stories in Central MA in 2013
- MUSIC: Mike + Ruthy Come To Eagle Hill’s Abby Theatre December 7th
- MUSIC: An Interview with Mike Cooley of the Drive-By Truckers
- 12 Whitinsville Christian Students Qualify for Music Festival
- MUSIC: GNaRDS and Secret Lover at the Firehouse
- See the Nominees: Worcester Music Awards - April 16
- NEW: 2014 Worcester Music Awards Winners
- 15 Great Spring + Summer Music Festivals in New England
- Grammy Winning Band OK Go Releases Mesmerizing New Music Video
- 6 Summer Music Series in Central MA
- Pakachoag Music School Announces May Performance Events
- MUSIC: Springsteen Lights up the Sun
- See Concerts and Musical Performances With Your Woo Card
- Sturbridge Village to Host Music & Art Weekend
- MUSIC: Alejandro Escovedo Wows at Narrows Center
- MUSIC: Orpheus Gears Up For Mechanics Hall Homecoming - May 9th
- 5 Live Music Musts: November 15, 2013
- College Guide 2013: Best Places for Live Music
- 5 Live Music Musts: Friday, November 22nd, 2013