Worcester Chamber Music Society to Host Chamberfest Concert Series at Clark
Tuesday, June 06, 2017
The concerts will take place on Thursday, July 6 at 8 p.m. and Thursday, July 13 at 8 p.m. The shows will feature guest musicians Demetrios Karamintzas, oboe and Omar Chen Guey, violin.
The July 6 concert, Miracle to Majesty, will feature music by Chopin, Mozart, Debussy, and Brahms.
The July 13 concert, Musical Mosaics, will feature music by performing pieces by Bach, Piston, Arensky, and Fauré.
Tickets are $32 for adults, $10 for students, and youth 17 and under are free.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer - 2017
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival takes place from June 2 to June 11 in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
This 10 day celebration features four stages with free live music from Arrested Development and more. The festival also will feature local food and much more.
For more information, click here.
Taking a Cruise on a Windjammer
Head to Maine and sleep aboard a National Landmark, the Maine Windjammer Fleet.
Go on a three, four or six-day cruise and get closer than ever before to wildlife like whales, eagles, and porpoises while you see some of the best coastal scenery that North America has to offer.
After a successful first festival, the PVDFest returns to Providence for the third year and will take place from June 1-4.
The festival will bring in art, music, performances and more from all over the United States and the world for the free outdoor festival.
Catching a Worcester Bravehearts Game
Year after year, the Worcester Bravehearts are one of the best baseball teams in New England.
They bring in some of the best college talent from across the region to compete for the Futures League Championship.
Don't miss a game.
Visiting Cape Playhouse Theatre
Taking a ride to Cape Cod and visit the oldest summer theatre in the country, Cape Playhouse. Cape Playhouse was first opened in 1927 by Raymond Moore.
The theatre has been home to some of the biggest stars to ever grace a stage like Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart amongst others.
Enjoying the South County Hot Air Balloon Fest
There is nothing quite like the Hot Air Ballon Fest. This is the place to enjoy glowing hot air balloons, crafts, music, food, fishing, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
The festival will be held from July 21-23 on the URI athletic fields.
Participating in the Worcester World Cup 2017
The 2017 Worcester World Cup is set to take place from Friday, August 11 to Sunday, August 13.
The Worcester World Cup is more than a soccer tournament. It's a celebration of Worcester and a safe, friendly family event that people look forward to all year.
Newport Jazz Festival
The 2017 festival is set to take place from Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6.
The festival will show off over 50 individual jazz ensembles on four stages including performances at the International Tennis Hall of Fame and Fort Adams State Park.
Seeing a Movie at the Rustic Drive-In
Look forward to Calling up your friends, pack a picnic, and sit in your car as feature films are projected on giant outdoor screens.
The audio plays right through your radio, so be sure to turn the volume up high as you snack on your candy and popcorn.
Zip Lining in the Berkshires
Looking for something new and exciting? Head to the Berkshires and get yourself on a zip line, maybe even do a canopy tour.
There are three different tour options, starting with the base area tour which lasts an hour or the Moutain Top or Valley Jump tour which takes three hours. Both of those are sure to shoot some adrenaline into your day.
The Little League World Series
While the Little League World Series does not take place in New England, the series is arguably the marquee sporting event of the summer.
There will be a New England team in it this year and therefore, the Little League World Series is always something to look forward to
Catching a PawSox Game at McCoy
Nothing says summer time like sitting at McCoy Stadium and watching a Pawtucket Red Sox game.
While the PawSox are already in action, the weather is getting warmer and it will be much more comfortable to go out to a game.
Billy Joel at Fenway Park
For the fourth consecutive year, rock and roll legend Billy Joel will play Fenway Park.
Billy Joel released his first hit song, arguably still his biggest hit, Piano Man in 1973 and since then has become the 6th best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States.
Joel was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992 and then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Worcester Chamber Music Society Receives $5000 Grant to Benefit Urban Youth
- PowerPlayer: Tim Murray, President and CEO of Worcester Chamber of Commerce
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Celebrate 10th Anniversary
- Worcester Chamber Music Receives $15K from Mass Music Initiative
- Worcester Chamber Music Society Announces Season 9
- Worcester Chamber Music Society Festival to Present “A Quartet of Nations”
- Worcester Chamber Announces Support for Housing Incentive Program
- NEW: Worcester Chamber CEO Murray To Get Lifetime Champion Award
- NEW: Worcester Chamber to Host Business After Hours at EcoTarium
- Worcester Chamber Gets Behind Local Manufacturing
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Host “Feed Your Soul” in November
- The Hanover President Eppinger to be Honored by Worcester Chamber
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Play Music of Beethoven in Two Concerts
- MA Business Alliance for Education & Worcester Chamber of Commerce Team up on Education
- Worcester Chamber to Discuss Repeal of Obamacare at Business & Politics Forum
- Worcester Chamber to Host 2017 Career Fair at Worcester State
- Worcester Chamber to Announce Winners of StartUp Worcester 2017
- Worcester Chamber to Highlight Progress of Entrepreneurs During Demo Night
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Host Cafe Concert
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Supports Extension of Transportation Bill
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Celebrate Music Connected to Worcester
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Worcester Chamber Promotes Three, Adds Business Development Professional
- Worcester Chamber Music Society to Celebrate Neighborhood Strings With a Fiesta