Worcester Ranked Among Worst Cities to Visit in Summer
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Worcester finishes in the bottom ten of all but one of the summer travel rankings in a new report by WalletHub. Worcester is in the Top 5 fewest attractions and is dead last with the worst parks and recreational facilities.
SEE BELOW: Interactive Map of All 80 Major Cities and Their Rankings
Overall, Worcester finished behind only Syracuse, NY, Providence, RI, and New Haven and Bridgeport, CT.
One bright note for Worcester is it finished in the top half (#38) in the ranking of costs and hassles of getting to the city.
Wallethub’s methodology of its summer travel rankings is a weighted system based on cost and time of travel, local costs, weather conditions, attractions and parks and recreations. The study also focused on the costs of traveling between July 11 and July 19 this year - as July is the most popular vacation month of the summer.
Between Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New York, only two cities cracked the top 50 - Boston at #47 and New York City at #49.
- Massachusetts Ranked #2 for Best School System by WalletHub
- Worcester Ranked 63rd Best Performing City For Business
- Massachusetts Ranked 4th Healthiest State in Nation
- Massachusetts Ranked #2 for Emergency Medical Care in U.S.
- Massachusetts Ranked 5th Overall Best State in Nation
- Mass. Ranked 13th Best State for CO2 Emissions in EPA Data Report
- NEW: MA Ranked #1 State for New Economy by Independent Think Tank
- Massachusetts Ranked 4th Best Banking State by MoneyRates.com
- MA Ranked as the 5th Most Eco-Friendly State in Country
- Worcester Ranked 7th Best City for Families By Parenting Magazine
- Massachusetts Ranked 27th for Most Patriotic
- Massachusetts Ranked 16th Happiest State in America
- Worcester Ranked in Top 30 Users of Green Electricity in the U.S
- Worcester Ranked City with Best Air Quality in Massachusetts
- NEW: Massachusetts Ranked #25 for Business by CNBC