10 Arrested During Undercover Prostitution Sting in Worcester
Saturday, May 19, 2018
The current strategy of these sting operations have been aggressively targeting the demand side of this social problem, basically going after the “Johns.”
Undercover decoys were put in place in the Main Street corridor with several undercover vice officers positioned close by while conducting surveillance of the solicitations.
The following were arrested and charged with Sexual Conduct for a Fee.
- Peter Delgado, 61-years-old of 28 King Street, Worcester.
- Salad Saleban, 23-years-old of 76 Perry Avenue, Worcester.
- Kofi Acheampong, 48-years-old of 83 Country Club BLVD, Worcester.
- Jeremy Glasper, 28-years-old of 215 Cambridge Street, Worcester.
- Junior Boateng, 27-years-old of 9 Paris Avenue, Worcester.
- David Montanez, 42-years-old of 24 Seminole Street, Springfield.
- Josue Macal, 26-years-old of 37 Winfield Street, Worcester.
- Wilber Lopez-Valencia, 28-years-old of 6 Oberlin Street, Worcester.
- Victoria Avant-Miles, 34-years-old of Worcester.
Police also arrested Edwin Reyes, 26, and allegedly homeless in the Worcester area, was charged with Sexually Conduct for a Fee. Reyes was also charged with Resisting Arrest, Possession of Class A Substance and Possession of Class B Substance.
Reyes also had two outstanding arrest warrants in effect. The first warrant was for Assault and Battery and Vandalizing Property while the second warrant was for Possession of Class B Substance.
When approached by undercover officers, Reyes attempted to force his vehicle in-between the officer’s undercover vehicles in an attempt to flee the scene. Reyes also physically resisted the officer’s attempts to place him in handcuffs.
After the arrest, officers looked Inside Reyes’ vehicle and located a “crack pipe” with residue along with a small metal container which contained heroin residue.
Reyes offered to give the decoy heroin in exchange for sex.
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Involving Dirt Bike & Car
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him