slides: 10 Big Worcester Police Busts in March
Wednesday, April 02, 2014
Though Worcester slid into the bottom quartile for crime in Congressional Quarterly's most recent nationwide crime survey, the Worcester Police work tirelessly to make the city a safer place.
In March, Worcester saw a number of big arrests, including an intensive drug investigation that yielded the seizure of nearly a quarter million dollars worth of heroin and more than $75,000 in cash.
See ten big Worcester Police busts from the month of March in the slides below...
Related Slideshow: 10 Big Worcester Busts in March
St. Patty's Parade
Man Threatened with Gun at St. Patrick's Parade
Hit and Run
Street-Level Drug Dealing
BB Gun Assault
- Daniella Dahlstedt, 39-years-old of 162 Chandler Street, Worcester. Charged with Common Street Walker.
- Amanda Sexton, 24-years-old of 1 West Street, Worcester. Charged with Common Street Walker.
- Kelly Mendes, 46-year-old of 17 Hollywood Street, Worcester. Charged with Common Street Walker.
- Danielle Hamalainen, 30-years-old of 25 Queen Street, Worcester. Charged with Sexual Conduct for a Fee and on an outstanding arrest warrant for Assault and Battery.
- Josephine Mangual, 52-years-old of 2 Oread Street, Worcester. Charged with Common Night Walker.
A Kilo of Cocaine
Vehicle Search Leads to Trafficking Arrest
Loaded Assault Rifle
Shot While Driving
Gas Station Shooting
644 Grams of Heroin
Yearlong Investigation Leads To Multiple Drug Arrests, Cash and Drugs Seized
- Crime-Counting Controversy on New England’s College Campuses
- Experts Explore White Collar Crime at Clark
- MA Police Departments - Now Leveraging Social Media
- NEW: Police Department Hosts Youth Summit
- Worcester Reacts to Sky-High Police Payouts
- NEW: Public Health Commissioner Resigns Following Crime Lab Controversy
- Leonardo Angiulo: Changes on the Horizon for Crime Scene Investigation
- MA State Police Report 185 Heroin Overdose Deaths Since Nov.
- NEW: Police Unions Endorse Lynch
- Worcester St. Names Michael Nockunas as School’s New Police Chief
- Tom Finneran: The Crime of the Century
- MA’s Most Violent Cities and Towns: FBI Crime Data
- MA State Police: New Cars Can’t Beat The Crown Victoria
- NEW: Worcester Police Foot Patrols Returning to Main South
- Travis Rowley: The Hate-Crime Hoax–A Liberal Pastime
- NEW: Attorney General Wants $1 Billion for Crime Victims
- NEW: Assumption Appoints Director of Public Safety, Police Chief
- NEW: Worcester and Clark Police Investigating Shooting Threat
- Worcester Crime Stats Mask Problem Areas
- Department of Justice Awards Over $150,000 for Worcester Police
- NEW: Boston Police Report One Suspect Dead
- Report: MA 3rd Worst in Country for Police Training
- Arthur Schaper: Victimless Crimes in the Bay State
- Worcester Districts Debate Efficacy Of Pricey Crime-Fighting Tool
- EXCLUSIVE: Worcester Police Union to Endorse Scott Brown
- NEW: Hernandez Involved In Run-Ins With Providence Police
- Top Central MA Police Departments for Social Media
- Budget Hearing In Worcester Zeroes in on Crime Lab Scandals
- Worcester Emerges As Leader In Handling Juvenile Crime
- EXCLUSIVE: Millbury Police Violates Stimulus Act
- NEW: Marathon Bomber Body Privately Buried - Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Car Wash Tab Soaks Taxpayers for $24K
- Crime in Worcester Spirals Higher in Latest National Ranking
- Worcester Residents: Crime #1 Issue in the City
- Leading Central MA: Millbury Police Chief Kenny Howell
- NEW: Mass Municipal Police Coalition Backs Sen. Brown
- Worcester Police Hold 45 of 50 Highest Paid Positions in City