13-Year-Old Girl Struck by Jeep in Worcester
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
According to police, the girl is listed in good condition after suffering a head injury.
Currently, this investigation is in the early stages. No citations issued at this time but that may change as the investigation progresses. The Jeep will have a full mechanical inspection conducted by recon investigators.
On Thursday, October 11, at approximately 7:08 a.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 229 Park Avenue for a reported pedestrian and motor vehicle accident. Upon the officers arrival they saw a 13-year-old girl that was alert and conscious. Members of the Worcester Fire Department and Worcester EMS were already on scene tending to her. The girl was treated at the scene and transported to a nearby hospital. She suffered a laceration to her head.
Members of the Worcester Police Crash Reconstruction Unit responded to the scene and took over the investigation. Investigators spoke with the driver of the 2002 Jeep Liberty and also spoke with witnesses.
The preliminary investigation indicates that the driver of the Jeep, a 63-year-old Rutland Man, was heading south on Park Avenue, traveling in the outside lane. At this time the vehicle in front of the Jeep slowed quickly. The operator of the Jeep feared that he was not going to stop in time and swerved into the inside lane in order to avoid a collision. When the driver swerved into the inside lane, the Jeep struck the 13-year-old girl. The pedestrian was hit by the passenger side of the Jeep after the operator tried to turn away.
Investigators went to the hospital and met with the girl and her parents. She was listed in good condition.
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Investigating Crash Between Bicyclist & Car
- Worcester Police Investigating Drive-By Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Burncoat Street Stabbing
- Worcester Police Endorse Diehl for U.S. Senate
- Worcester Police Officer Bitten by Suspect During Attempted Arrest
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 9 Officers During Annual Memorial Ceremony
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser