14-Year-Old Boy Hit by Car While Riding Bike in Worcester
Thursday, April 06, 2017
At this time, the driver of the Maxima is cooperating with the investigation and it appears that the accident was unavoidable.
On Tuesday, April 04, at approximately 8:00 p.m. Worcester Police responded to the area of 365 Pleasant Street for a report of a 14-year-old boy who had been struck by a car while riding his bicycle. Officers were told that the driver was still on scene along with a witness who was rendering first aid to the victim.
Paramedics responded to the scene and evaluated the victim before taking him to a local hospital. The boy suffered from a broken leg, a broken ankle, and head and back pain. His injuries are not expected to be life-threatening.
Police were able to speak with witnesses in the area who had seen the accident. The initial investigation revealed that the 14-year-old was riding his bike along with two other young men on Russell Street, heading north towards Pleasant. The men on bicycles traveled through the stop sign at Russell and Pleasant Streets without stopping, driving directly into Pleasant Street into oncoming traffic. A Nissan Maxima was traveling West on Pleasant Street at this time, and was unable to avoid hitting the 14-year-old who had rode out in front of the car.
- 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Officer Attacked, Man Tries to “Gouge Out His Eye”
- Victim in Hamilton Street Shooting Identified by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Promote 6 Officers in Ceremony at City Hall
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police to Take Part in National Night Out on Tuesday
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in Face During Fight
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Man Refuses to Cooperate With Worcester Police After Being Stabbed
- 16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
- Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants