15 Arrested Inside Worcester Apartment on Drug Charges
Thursday, February 08, 2018
The target of the warrant was Hector Figueroa. He was arrested for Trafficking in Heroin 100-199 grams, Possession of Cocaine with intent to Distribute (subsequent offense) and Resisting Arrest.
On February 6, 2018, at about 3 p.m., the Worcester Police Vice Squad executed a search warrant at 1 Stevens Rd Apt 1. The target of the warrant was Figueroa. When police made entry, Figueroa tried to run out a window, but saw officers outside and reconsidered. He refused to cooperate with the officers who were trying to detain him, but was placed in handcuffs after a brief struggle.
Officers searched the apartment, and found two large bags of heroin, with a total weight of 114 grams. Officers found a realistic replica handgun, which turned out to be a pellet gun, and two bags of cocaine. Figueroa was placed under arrest for Trafficking in Heroin 100-199 grams, Possession of Cocaine with intent to Distribute (subsequent offense) and Resisting Arrest.
The apartment was packed with people. When searching the apartment, officers located Jose Berrios, 41-years-old of 241 Lincoln St, who was sitting in bed next to a digital scale, heroin, and several sandwich baggies. He was placed under arrest and is charged with Possession of a Class A Substance with intent to Distribute.
The apartment contained numerous hypodermic syringes, empty bags, and bags of heroin powder strewn about the house in plain view. Based upon the condition of the apartment, it appeared to the officers that it was obvious to anybody in the apartment that heroin was inside of this apartment. Thirteen people were placed under arrest for Knowingly being Present Where Heroin is Kept. Everyone involved will be arraigned in Worcester District Court.
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens