16-Year-Old Boy Shot Multiple Times, Worcester Police in Search of Suspects
Thursday, July 14, 2016
The victim and witnesses are not cooperating with the police, who are in search of two black male suspects.
A Worcester Police officer on patrol called out advising dispatch that they had heard multiple gun shots coming from the area of 25 Union Street near Maxwell Silverman's Restaurant.
Dispatch informed responding officers that they were now getting calls for a reported gunshot victim in the area of Laurel Street.
Police responded and located at 16-year-old boy lying on the ground in the area of Laurel Street and Everett Gaylord Boulevard. Officers saw that he was suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg and hip. He was transported by ambulance to a local hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries and is in stable condition at this time.
An Investigation at the scene revealed that boy was visiting friends at a Laurel Street apartment when he was approached by two black men who were looking to attend a party. The boy told the men that there was no party, at which time an argument between the boy and the two men started. The two men left the area following the argument.
Later in the night, the boy was outside of the address waiting for a ride when he was approached by the same two men from the earlier argument. One of the men pulled out a gun and shot seven or eight rounds in the direction of the victim, hitting him in the leg and hip. According to police, the events took place just after midnight - early Wednesday morning.
Police Asking for Help
Police are asking anyone with information about this incident to send and anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD and your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- Worcester Police Searching for Suspects After Shots Were Fired on Freemont St
- Worcester Police Officer Daige Honored by Red Sox for Pan Mass Challenge Effort
- Male Victim Suffering from Stab Wound Refuses to Cooperate with Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Worcester Police Arrest 8 During Undercover Prostitution Sting
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon