17-Year-Old Arrested in Connection With July 23 Shooting of Worcester Man
Monday, August 07, 2017
The 17-year-old was arrested at his home on August 2 and charged with Possession of a Firearm without an FID Card, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card, Accessory after the Fact (armed assault with intent to murder) and Assault with a Dangerous Weapon.
Detectives told occupants that the apartment was to be secured while they got a search warrant. At approximately 4:30 p.m., investigators obtained and executed the search warrant.
The search produced a .380 handgun with one round in the chamber, a plastic baggie containing marijuana, a cell phone and a digital scale.
The investigation is ongoing.
On Sunday, July 23 at about 7:12 p.m., police were sent to the area of Great Brook Valley Ave for a report of a man outside with a gunshot wound to the chest. Upon arrival, responding officers saw a large group surrounding the victim, who was lying in the roadway. The victim was a 25-year-old Worcester man who was bleeding heavily from the chest from an apparent gunshot wound.
The man was initially listed in critical condition. His condition has since improved.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award