18-Year-Old Boy Shot Inside Worcester Apartment
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
The wound was superficial and the victim refused medical treatment at the scene.
The victim could not provide a physical description of the two suspects citing poor lighting out by the front door.
On Monday, August 21, at approximately 8:48 p.m., Worcester Police responded to a Cambridge Street address for a report of a man that was shot. Several police units responded. Officers were told by dispatch that a man had answered his door after someone had knocked and he was then shot through the door.
Upon the officers arrival they met with an 18-year-old male victim. He was holding his arm and stated that he was just shot by an unknown person.
The victim said that he was in his home when he heard a knock at the door. The victim went out to the front porch to open the door. When the door was opened he saw one man that called out his name. The victim acknowledged the man but quickly became suspicious when he saw a second man tucked close to the apartment building. The victim immediately began to retreat back into his apartment when the second man fired a shot at the victim.
Once inside the apartment the victim realized that he was hit in the arm. A family member within the apartment called emergency services.
The victim refused to provide any further information to the officers.
Police Asking for Help
WPD investigators are now working on this investigation.
Police are asking anyone who has information about the incident to send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message by clicking here.
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award