23-Year-Old Man in Fair Condition After Being Shot on Merrifield St in Worcester
Monday, June 29, 2015
According to Worcester Police, officers responded to reports of a gunshot on Gage Street shortly after 6 PM. Upon arrival, the officers were notified that the shots were fired on Merrifield St. and were able to locate a crime scene. While discovering the evidence, a local hospital called WPD and reported that the victim, suffering from a gunshot wound, had walked into the emergency room for treatment.
When WPD officers met with the victim at the hospital, the victim told them he was on Merrifield St. helping a relative when a vehicle drove up next to him. A passenger of the vehicle exited and approached the victim holding a firearm. The victim tried to run, but was shot. The suspect got back in the vehicle and drove away.
There is limited information on the suspect and no motive has been established at this time.
This investigation is ongoing, if anyone has information about this incident they can send an anonymous text to 274637 TIPWPD + your message or send an anonymous web based message at worcesterma.gov/police. Calls can also be made to the Worcester Police Detective Bureau at (508) 799-8651.
- Victim Stable Following Friday’s Shooting Off of Shrewsbury Street
- Second Arrest Made in After Hours Party Shooting
- 18-year-old Shot in Worcester is City’s Third Homicide This Year
- Police Identify 18-year-old Killed in Worcester’s Third Homicide This Year
- 22-Year-Old Man Victim of 4th Homicide in Worcester This Year
- NEW: Homicide Suspect from After Hours Party Arrested by Worcester PD
- NEW: Worcester Police Arrest Two for Shooting Off of Shrewsbury Street
- Man Killed in Shooting at Smitty’s Tavern is City’s 7th Homicide This Year
- Water St. Shooting: Further Proof that Gun Violence Trend Continues in Worcester
- NEW: Worcester and Clark Police Investigating Shooting Threat
- See the List: Worcester’s 69 Unsolved Homicide and Missing Persons Cases
- Drugs Main Cause Behind Worcester’s 23 Shootings Per Year
- Truck Driver in Fatal Kelley Square Accident Cited for Vehicular Homicide