3 Worcester Men Involved in Serious 3-Car Crash on Lake Ave.
Monday, February 19, 2018
The current conditions of the victims are unknown.
This investigation is ongoing; the vehicles involved will have a full mechanical inspection conducted. No citations have been issued at the time as the investigation is still in the early stages. Citations may follow as the investigation progresses.
On Friday, February 16, at approximately 7:40 p.m., Worcester Police Crash Reconstruction Unit responded to a three-car collision that occurred in the area of 449 Lake Avenue. The accident happened in the southbound lane. Traffic was detoured from the area by operations personnel for several hours.
Arriving officers provided first aid to two men that were injured, one with critical injuries while the other had serious injuries. All three cars involved were occupied by only the drivers. Worcester EMS and members of the Worcester Fire Department arrived and provided advanced medical procedures. The victim’s were transported to a nearby hospital for treatment. There current conditions are unknown at this time.
The preliminary investigation indicates that a 54-year-old man was driving his 2013 Toyota Tacoma northbound on Lake Avenue when he attempted to pass a 2004 GMC pickup truck being operated by a 32-year-old man. The Toyota’s first attempt to pass was on the right side of the GMC and ended up striking the right rear bumper. As the vehicles continued, the Toyota then attempted another pass but this time on the left side of the GMC. At this time the Toyota swerved out into the opposite lane and collided head on into a 2014 Toyota Scion being operated by a 27-year-old man.
All three occupants are Worcester residents.
The operator of the Scion had to be extricated by the car with the use of the "jaws of Life." That driver received serious injuries. The operator of the Tacoma is in critical condition.
Recon investigators mapped out the crash scene and processed evidence while interviewing witnesses. The operator of the GMC truck was unhurt and provided investigators with a detailed statement leading up to the collision.
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser