4 Worcester Residents Arrested for Narcotics Violations
Wednesday, June 01, 2016
Joshua Andujar 19 of Millbury Street was charged with distribution of a class A substance, conspiracy to viola the controlled substance laws and drug violations within 100 feet of a park.
Adian Santiago, 24, of Murray Ave was charged with possession with intent to distribute a class B substance,conspiracy and drug violation within 100 feet of a park.
Ivan Camacho, 29, of Winslow Street and Madeline Francheschi, 37 of Austin Street were both carved with possession of a class A substance.
On Monday, May 30 at approximately 9:30 a.m., members of the Worcester Police Vice Squad were conducting under cover surveillance in the area of 664 Main Street.
While conducting surveillance, officers observed two males walking south on Main Street past Compare Foods. The males were identified as Andujar and Santiago.
As the two males walked south on Main Street, there were approached on two separate occasions by individuals known to the vice squad as drug dependent persons.
Officers followed the two males and watched them cut through the YMCA parking lot and walk up Ethan Allen Street. Members of the Vice Squad saw the males enter a vehicle that was parked on Ethan Allen immediately adjacent to the YMCA Fuller Family Park. Santiago entered the driver's seat, and Andujar entered the passenger seat.
Members of the Vice Squad ran the registration of this vehicle which showed it was owned by Santiago. The check also showed that Santiago had a suspended license.
After a short amount of time, members of the Vice Squad saw Camacho and Francheschi, approach the passenger side of the vehicle. Camacho engaged in a quick exchange with Andujar at the passenger side door of the vehicle. After the exchange, Camacho and Francheschi walked way.
As they were walking way, Camacho was inspecting a small item in his hand. Camacho and Francheshi were stopped by members of the Vice Squad and found to be in possession of an amount of heroin.
Officers then stopped Andujar and Santiago on Murray Ave. Officers watched Andujar throw three knotted bags of suspected heroin to the ground. Meanwhile a search of Santiago's pocket revealed 16 knotted bags of suspected crack cocaine.
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Home Invasion on Scott Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash