71-Year-Old Woman Hit by FEDEX Van in Worcester
Friday, December 01, 2017
No citations issued at this time, however that may change as the investigation progresses.
On Wednesday, November 29, at 2:40 p.m., Worcester Police responded to the area of 236 Lincoln Street for a report of a pedestrian and motor vehicle accident. Upon the officers arrival they saw a 71-year-old woman suffering from serious injuries. Officers determined that the pedestrian was struck by a FEDEX van while she was crossing Harlow Street.
Worcester EMS arrived and treated the pedestrian at the scene. Once the pedestrian was stabilized she was transported to a nearby hospital.
Investigators interviewed witnesses and spoke with the FEDEX driver.
The preliminary investigation indicates that the pedestrian was walking on the southbound sidewalk of Lincoln Street, heading towards St. Bernard’s Church. At the same time the FEDEX van was traveling north on Lincoln Street. The driver of the FEDEX van started turning left onto Harlow Street when the pedestrian was struck as she was crossing Harlow Street. The pedestrian was in the crosswalk when she was hit.
As a result of the impact, the pedestrian received serious injuries to her legs, feet, hips and arm. Investigators went to the hospital and spoke with hospital personnel. Investigators were told that the pedestrian is in serious but stable condition with non-life threatening injuries.
This investigation is ongoing. The van will have a full mechanical inspection conducted by members of the recon unit.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.