81 Blackstone Valley Tech Students Earn John & Abigail Adams Scholarships
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Eighty-one Blackstone Valley Tech students earned John and Abigail Adams Scholarships, the school announced on Tuesday.
Last year, the John and Abigail Adams Scholarships were among nearly six million dollars ($6 million) in renewable scholarships and awards earned by BVT graduates.
The John and Abigail Adams Scholarship is awarded by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. To be eligible, students must earn Advanced and Proficient scores on the grade 10 MCAS exams in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and Science and Technology/Engineering (with at least one score of Advanced) and earn a combined score within the top 25 percent of their school district.
Students who accept the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship and enroll as full-time students in a Massachusetts state college or university will receive a tuition waiver for up to eight semesters, which must be completed within six years of the recipient’s high school graduation. Recipients must also maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average during their enrollment.
The following members of the BVT Class of 2019, listed alphabetically by town, were recently informed of their eligibility for the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship:
Tyler Brindamour; Kirsten Flavin; Jessica Giordano; Saddaf Sabir.
Jack Clem; Joseph Martinelli; Colin Norcross-Joyce; Alexandra Patterson; Thomas Watson.
Noah Boudreau; Natalie Fenoff; Theron Howe; Aaron King; Natalia Podstawka.
Gabrielle DeCosta; Rainer Djohan.
Molly Grassey; Olivia Pellegrini.
Meghan Altavilla; Madeleine Asacker; Taylor Burroughs; Conner Christensen; Zachary Comer; Christopher Machione; Jessica McKenzie; Stephen Morelli; Zachary Rivernider; Thomas Snow; Sebastian Vazquez.
Demitri Almeida; Jessica Boroczky; Christopher Calvao; Adam Cavanaugh; Alex Goldberg; Taber Grose; Cameron Hakesley; Joshua Palomares; Cameron Pelletier; Pamela Pereira; Dawson Potter; Rachel Vachon.
Madison Durand; Juliana Gambach; Styles Pickering.
Victoria Byrne; Anthony Carneiro; Skylar Chase; Andrew Regan; Sylvia Rodriguez; Vella Ross; Jonathan Whittaker-Smith.
Lauren Gray; Peter Guertin; Neve Johnson; Victoria Kacerik; Natalie Kirouac; Justin Limanek; Olivia Mahoney; Zoe Mahoney; Rose Mandella; Grace Peters; Kevin Queally; Nicholas Reed; Sarah Stafinski.
Adele Brochu; Luke Carey; Ryan Conrad; Maia Giglio; Olivia Harris; Katie Houskeeper; Mackenzie LeClaire; Maxwell Lynnworth; Kairat O'Toole; Patrick Ober.
Jaylin Bodell; Thomas Campanelli; Jenna Dagle; Mara Eisenhardt; Galina Jaros; Christian Verla.
- Sheriff Evangelidis Speaks to Blackstone Valley Tech Students About Drug Abuse
- Two Blackstone Valley Tech Students Awarded Superintendents Scholarships
- Blackstone Valley Tech Friends of Rachel Club Announces Charity Dinners
- Blackstone Valley Tech Completes Summer Renovations
- The Massive Turnaround for Blackstone Valley Tech Lacrosse
- Blackstone Valley Tech Shuts Out Bay Path for Division 6 Title
- Blackstone Valley Tech Star To Play Football at D1 Bryant Univ.
- Blackstone Valley Tech Receives $3,500 Donation from Millbury Federal Credit Union
- Blackstone Valley Tech Awarded $500,000 Technology Advancement Grant
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Host Screening of Documentary on Gender Revolution
- Blackstone Valley Tech Robotics Club to Compete in 2 International Competitions
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Fitzpatrick: A Tribute to Blackstone Valley Tech HS Coach Yancik
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Hold Admissions Open House
- Blackstone Valley Tech Class of 2017 Secures Over 200 Individual Scholarships