Massachusetts Tops $2.2 Million in Marijuana Sales in First Five Days
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
During the five days, over 56 thousand units were purchased, with an average of 3.4 units per transaction -- and the average spent per unit was just under $40.
SEE CHART BELOW
First Week Fever - and Traffic Jams
On Tuesday, the Boston Globe reported, "New pot shop’s neighbors say traffic jams are awful," of the store "Cultivate" in Leicester.
At an emergency meeting at Town Hall Monday night, dozens of angry residents excoriated elected officials and executives from the local marijuana store — Cultivate, one of just two currently operating on the East Coast — for failing to adequately control the hordes of cannabis consumers and curiosity-seekers who have descended on this small town outside Worcester.
Among their complaints: long lines of traffic, closed streets and detours, pedestrians trekking along a highway with no sidewalk, litter, public urination and pot consumption, overly aggressive shuttle bus drivers ferrying customers to and from a nearby parking lot, and poor communication from Cultivate.
Rhode Island Eyes Legalization -- Again
Jared Moffat with the Marijuana Policy Project joined GoLocal News Editor Kate Nagle on GoLocal LIVE on Tuesday, to talk about the prospects of the legalization of marijuana in Rhode Island in 2019.
"I think at this point, there are still folks who disagree with legalization, and we can debate a lot of different aspects of it, but I think everyone is able to make an informed decision about whether or not they agree with it," said Moffat.
"I think that's going to be one our biggest arguments during the upcoming Rhode Island General Assembly session..we've waited long enough. There's really no excuse to delay a vote," said Moffat.
- Petition to Reclassify Marijuana Denied by US DEA
- Group of Health Organizations Urge Dem National Committee to Reject Marijuana Legalization
- Worcester Teen Arrested for Possession of Marijuana
- Is the Effort to Legalize Marijuana Picking Up Steam in Massachusetts?
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Legalizing Marijuana, Green Power, and Howard Johnson
- California Set to Decide on Legalizing Marijuana
- 400 Marijuana Plants Seized at Worcester Residence
- Worcester Has Agreement with Marijuana Dispensary - A Look at the People Behind the Company
- Worcester’s Augustus Signs Up Second Medical Marijuana Facility
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Fatal Crashes Involving Recent Marijuana Users Double in Washington
- MA Medical Society, 10 Other Physician Groups Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Two Worcester Men Arrested for Possession of Over 3 Pounds of Marijuana
- MA Dept. of Health Suspends Sales of Medical Marijuana Products at Healthy Pharms
- New Study Finds 21% of MA Residents Used Marijuana in Last 30 Days
- Worcester Issues Request for Interest to Prospective Marijuana Establishment Operators
- Treasurer Goldberg Responds to Marijuana Conference Committee Report
- Legalizing Marijuana is “Throwing Gasoline” on Addiction Fire, Says Former Congressman Kennedy
- Anti-Marijuana Legalization Campaign Launches TV in MA
- Massachusetts Votes to Legalize Marijuana
- Two Men Rob Worcester Apartment of Marijuana
- Treasurer Goldberg Asks AG Sessions to Clarify Position on Marijuana Enforcement
- Marijuana Race - MA is Not Very Far Ahead of RI