Worcester Police Officer Stabbed in the Face in the Line-of-Duty
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Upon arrival, police met with the 23 year old female victim. The victim informed police that her ex-boyfriend, a 30 year old man from Worcester, was verbally threatening her on the phone. The victim also informed police that she had an active restraining order against the male. The male continually called the female victim, threatening to do physical harm to both her and her family. He also warned the female victim not to call the police.
While a Worcester Police Officer was speaking with the female victim in the lobby of her apartment building, the male suspect showed up on the scene. The Worcester Police officer informed the male that he was under arrest for Violation of a Restraining Order. The male suspect attempted to pull away from the officer and began reaching towards his pocket. At this time, the officer tackled the male to the ground. The suspect continued to resist and was able to stand up from the ground and attempt to flee.
At this time, a second Worcester Police officer entered the lobby to assist in the apprehension of the suspect. The male was tackled to the ground by both officers where he continued to again fight and resist arrest. During the struggle on the ground, one of the officers observed that the male suspect now had a steak knife in his hand. Officers instructed the male to stop resisting and drop the knife, and he refused to comply. During the struggle on the ground, the suspect was able to stab one of the officers in the face with the knife. Officers continued to fight with the suspect, and were eventually able to tase the suspect. At this time, officers were able to take the male into custody.
The suspect was also transported to an area hospital to be evaluated.
Worcester Police Detectives and Crime Scene Unit responded to the scene to collect evidence and interview witnesses.
The male is being charged with Violation of a Restraining Order, Trespassing, Resisting Arrest, Assault and Battery on a Police Officer, Assault and Battery with a Dangerous Weapon, Attempted Murder, Mayhem, and Threatening to Commit a Crime
Due to Massachusetts State Law regarding Domestic Related incidents, we are unable to release the name of the suspect at this time.
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 36-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing of 19-Year-Old Male
- Worcester Teenager Arrested in Connection With Fatal Murray Ave. Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Serious Penn Ave Stabbing
- NEW: Worcester Man Charged With Murder in Dec. 2 Murray Ave Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Stabbing Death in Crystal Park
- Leonardo Angiulo: Legal Lessons From The Salem State Stabbings
- Double Stabbings Highlight Traumatic Weekend on Shrewsbury Street
- Worcester Police Seeking Public Help in Identifying Suspect in KasBar Stabbing
- Worcester PD Release Surveillance Video of Heywood Street Stabbing Suspect
- Worcester Man Charged With Assault & Battery in Overnight Stabbing
- UPDATED: 3 Are Dead from Shooting and Stabbings at Taunton’s Galleria Mall
- Rash of Stabbing Incidents Hit Worcester This Weekend
- Man Arrested for Stabbing Roommate in Worcester Apartment
- Worcester Man Arrested After Stabbing Male in Abdomen
- Wandering, Lost 5-Year-Old Leads Police to Horror Murder and Stabbing in Grafton
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester PD Investigating Wednesday Evening Stabbing on Pleasant Street
- Worcester Female Arrested, Charged in Double Stabbing
- Worcester Police Investigating Euclid Ave Fight That Led to Stabbing of 2 Men