Armed Citizen Prevents Worcester Man from Robbing Woman at Gunpoint
Saturday, May 12, 2018
The man who was attempting the robbery, Jeremy Cintron, 20, was charged with Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling, 2 counts of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, Assault and Battery, Armed Assault with Intent to Rob, Witness Intimidation, Possession of a Firearm without a LTC, Unlawful Carrying of a Loaded Firearm, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony.
On Sunday, May 6, at approximately 6:36 p.m., Worcester Police responded to Seymour Street for a report of a fight involving a gun. Upon the officers arrival they met with a 47-year-old male and a 48-year-old female.
The officers were told by the couple that they were on their way home when they saw a 29-year-old female being held at gunpoint by a man, later identified as Cintron of 21 Fairfax Road.
The robbery was in the area of Sterling and Seymour Streets. Fearing for the female’s safety, the citizen produced his own hand gun that he legally possessed and pointed it at Cintron. The citizen yelled at him to drop his weapon. At this time Cintron turned and pointed the weapon at the citizen and began walking towards him. The citizen yelled out several more times to drop the weapon and finally Cintron complied. The citizen ordered Cintron to the ground. Once on the ground the citizen placed a knee on his back in an effort to hold him down while the girlfriend called police. The citizen was able to slide Cintron’s weapon further away from the two in an effort to keep a safe distance.
While waiting for police to arrive, Cintron rolled over and began to struggle for control of the citizen’s gun. During the struggle, Cintron grabbed at the gun and a round was fired into the pavement. At this time Cintron was able to break free of the citizen’s hold and fled on foot.
Numerous police officers arrived at the scene and quickly searched the area for the suspect. After a brief search Cintron was apprehended on nearby Windham Street. Cintron was subsequently identified as the male that fled the scene.
Cintron possessed an H&R Model 929 .22 caliber revolver. The weapon was secured at the scene. The weapon was loaded with nine rounds of ammunition.
Officers were told that Cintron was trying to rob the female when the citizen intervened. Cintron was with other men whose identities are yet to be known. Investigators are currently working on the identities.
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect Involved in Carjacking in Upland Gardens
- Woman Arrested for OUI After Crashing Into Parked Worcester Police Cruiser
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Suffield Street