Award Winning Chef Looks to Make Bolton’s International a Local Destination
Friday, May 27, 2016
"I've been here since January -- the golf course is private but the dining rooms are open to the public," said Nemeroff. "There's a few other places in Bolton, but here we have 900 meticulously maintained acres. We're 20 minutes outside of Worcester and we're easy to get to. The fireplace room is on the second level and has a beautiful view of the pines and course. I'd love for more folks to know about what we're all about here."
Nemeroff has already been a mainstay in the culinary scene in Central Massachusetts for over 15 years.
"I started in Sturbridge with Cedar Street Restaurant, now the Cedar Street Grille, which I sold almost seven years ago," said Nemeroff. "I wanted to go more metropolitan, I knew Worcester's culinary scene was really heating up, so I jumped on board with Niche Hospitality, with Ceres and The People's Kitchen. At that point I went to manage the food and beverage at the Beechwood Hotel."
All About the Food
"Just like the hotel, it's an interesting mix here," said Nemeroff of making the move out to Bolton. "We have the member and the golf component, so we make sure we have awesome chicken wings and the best burger in Central Mass."
"Then there's the dining room with tablecloths and candlelight that's steak centric, we hand chose each variety. Urugauyan grass-fed rib eye, midwestern corn fed filet, we dry our own New York strips for 28 days -- we do that sous vide, seared in cast iron -- all the best beef you can get."
And Nemeroff is coming off his win in the Worcester's Best Chef competition, where he took the outright title this year.
"Out of 9 years, I think I've placed 7 times, this is the first time I won outright," said Nemeroff. "And it was the second time I got to the top three and got to go to the market basket component. This year it was ground lamb, heirloom pumpkins, allspice leaf, local honey. I made a lamb meatball with white bean ragout and sweet pumpkin sauce. All the chefs in the event are great, and if we can win that's great."
- GETTING OUT: Best Asian Restaurants in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: Best Mexican Restaurants in Central Mass
- GETTING OUT: Best Ethnic Restaurants in Central Mass
- 5 Great Valentine’s Day Restaurants in Worcester
- Modern Manners + Etiquette: Getting Respect in Restaurants + More
- 7 Hot Ethnic Restaurants
- 6 Great Worcester Italian Restaurants
- Local Restaurants Become WooFood Certified
- 50 Restaurants with Worst Health Code Scores in Worcester
- 10 Great Worcester Restaurants for Valentine’s Day
- The Most Caloric Dish at 40 Chain Restaurants
- Getting Out: 5 Great Asian Restaurants in Central Massachusetts
- 20 Great Restaurants Gone from Worcester That We Want Back
- Shrewsbury Street Rock & Walk Participating Restaurants and Live Music Acts
- The Five Best Italian Restaurants in Central MA—2015
- Why Can’t Worcester’s Restaurants Get Any Respect?
- See the List: Participating Restaurants in Tuesday’s Taste of Shrewsbury Street
- 25 Best Bars and Restaurants to Play KENO in Worcester
- Paul Giorgio: Raise the Min. Wage, But Leave Restaurants Out of It
- Leather Storrs: Why Restaurants Should Get Rid of Tipping
- Worcester’s Most Romantic Italian Restaurants