Baker Files for $200 Million for Infrastructure Improvements Across MA
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
“Chapter 90 funding provides critical support for local officials who need to repair infrastructure in cities and towns across Massachusetts. Roads and bridges in good repair throughout the Commonwealth are an essential component of growing our state and regional economy, and we look forward to working with the Legislature to secure this funding before construction season begins,” said Baker.
This is the fourth year that the Baker-Polito Administration has filed for $200 million for Chapter 90 funds.
Chapter 90 Program
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation’s (MassDOT) Chapter 90 program reimburses cities and towns for costs incurred for eligible transportation projects.
Funding for each municipality is predetermined by a formula that includes factors such as population, road miles, and employment.
Cities and towns must submit receipts to the MassDOT Highway Division district in which they are located which verifies that the expenditures qualify for reimbursement under Chapter 90.
The Highway Districts, in turn, submit these receipts to the Department of Transportation’s Fiscal Department which facilitates the reimbursements to cities and towns.
- Gov. Baker Awards Green Communities Designation Grants to Central MA Towns
- Baker Awards Grants to Fitchburg, Leominster Police to Fight Opioid Abuse
- Baker Files Legislation to Increase Penalties for Assault of Police Officers
- Baker, State Leaders Release Report on Criminal Justice Reform in MA
- Baker Announces 11 a.m. Start Time for Non-Emergency State Employees
- Gov. Baker Plans to File $4 Million for Community Compact Grants
- MA Dem Chair Bickford Blasts Baker for Lack of Comments on Trump Administration
- Warren Names Baker National Security Advisor for Washington DC Office
- Baker Releases Progress Report on Preschool Expansion Initiative
- Baker Administration Receives “C” Grade for Environmental Protection
- Baker Signs $290 Million Bill to Fund Transportation
- Baker Announces $1 Million in Project Lead The Way Grants Are Available
- Baker Announces Creation of New Cybersecurity Center at Mass Tech Collaborative
- Baker Nominates Worcester Lawyer Ritter as Associate Justice of Superior Court
- Finneran: Baker’s Wise Words
- Baker Announces Two Judicial Nominations
- Baker Announces Date for State of the Commonwealth Address
- Gov. Baker Establishes Latino Advisory Commission, Swears in Members
- Baker Administration Sets 200 Megawatt-Hour Energy Storage Target
- Governor Baker Launches Tuition-Free College Program
- Gov. Baker to Hold Community Listening Session to Address Aging in MA
- LePage “Crooner Cookie” at Crown Bakery to Benefit Safe Homes
- Markey & Baker: Eloquence on Alzheimers