Becker College Ranked Among Top Schools in World for Game Design
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
According to the Princeton Review’s latest ranking of top undergraduate schools offering game design, Becker is ranked as the fourth best school in the country for game design.
“This recognition from the prestigious Princeton Review further solidifies Becker College’s role and reputation as a leader in the field of Interactive Media Design, and is testimony to the growing success our program. Over the past decade, our Game Design program has grown in demand, from 12 to 600 students, making Becker a top-choice institution. In addition, as part of our commitment to prepare our graduates for the future of work, we continue to expanded our academic programs and resources, including the opening of the state-of-the-art Colleen C. Barrett Center for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship, which offers students such features as a Game Studio and an Augmented Reality/Virtual lab,” says Nancy P. Crimmin, Ed.D., President of Becker College.
Becker is also the only east coast school that is ranked.
According to the Princeton Review, the newest rankings are based on a survey of 150 institutions in the U.S., Canada, and abroad offering game design degree programs or courses.
The 40-question survey gathered data on everything from a school’s game design academic offerings and lab facilities to their graduate starting salaries and career achievements.
More than 40 data points in four areas (academics, faculty, technology, and career) were analyzed to tally the lists.
The annual list assists prospective students and parents in selecting programs best suited to their needs and interest.
- NEW: City Manager to Receive Honorary Degree From Becker College
- NEW: Becker College Students Reimagine Worcester’s Salisbury Mansion
- Leading in Central MA: Betsy Fuller, Dean of Becker College
- MassDiGI at Becker College Receives $25K Grant from ESA Foundation
- Becker College Wins 6 Education Digital Marketing Awards
- Becker College to Honor Judge Mathis at 225th Commencement
- Becker College recognized for role in helping women advance professionally
- PowerPlayer: Becker College President Dr. Robert Johnson
- Princeton Review Ranks Becker College #10 in Best Video Game Design
- NEW: Becker College Students to Premier Video Game
- NEW: Princeton Review Names Becker College Among Nation’s Best
- John Monfredo: Becker College Pres. Gives Stirring MLK Day Speech
- Becker College Appoints John MacDonald as Vice President
- Becker College Elects Two New Members to Board of Trustees
- Fairman Cowan Collegiate Lecture Series to be held at Becker College
- Becker College and Tech School in Ireland Team Up for Summer Gaming Internship
- Becker College’s MassDiGI Program Awarded $583K in Federal Funding
- Becker College’s MassDiGI Program Develops Game Addressing Income Inequality
- Becker College Receives $1 Million Gift for Center for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Becker College to Offer First U.S. Degree in Global Citizenship
- Becker College Named to Higher Education Video Game Alliance
- Becker College Receives $125,000 Grant From Davis Educational Foundation
- Writing for Screen and Digital Media to Launch at Becker College
- Becker College President Traveled With Gov. Patrick Overseas
- Becker College to Host Lecture on Esports