Blackstone Valley Named One of Top School Districts in Country
Monday, October 08, 2018
According to the School Superintendents Association, the Blackstone Valley District is one of the country’s “Most Innovative School Districts” for implementing innovative approaches to expand and support student learning and achievement.
“We hope that the entire Blackstone Valley District shares in this national limelight. Our staff and students continue to illustrate the incredible return on investment made possible by our 13 municipalities,” said BVT Superintendent-Director Michael Fitzpatrick.
The Successful Practices Network and AASA conducted a yearlong study of innovative best practices in public K-12 school systems across the United States. From that study, 25 national Innovative Successful Practices systems were identified based on their ability to demonstrate rapid improvement in student learning and preparedness through innovative organizational and instructional practices.
Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District hosted an on-site visit, supplied detailed data to be analyzed, and made students, staff, administrators, and community members available for interviews as part of the process.
The Successful Practices Network and AASA developed a case study based on their research.
Blackstone Valley Vocational Regional School District was one of two Massachusetts school districts included in the initial announcement of “Most Innovative School Districts.”
Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School
Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School serves the towns of Bellingham, Blackstone, Douglas, Grafton, Hopedale, Mendon, Milford, Millbury, Millville, Northbridge, Sutton, Upton, and Uxbridge. Located in the heart of the Blackstone Valley, Blackstone Valley Tech creates a positive learning community that prepares students for personal and professional success in an internationally competitive society through a fusion of rigorous vocational, technical, and academic skills.
- Sheriff Evangelidis Speaks to Blackstone Valley Tech Students About Drug Abuse
- Two Blackstone Valley Tech Students Awarded Superintendents Scholarships
- Blackstone Valley Tech Friends of Rachel Club Announces Charity Dinners
- Blackstone Valley Tech Completes Summer Renovations
- The Massive Turnaround for Blackstone Valley Tech Lacrosse
- Blackstone Valley Tech Shuts Out Bay Path for Division 6 Title
- Blackstone Valley Tech Star To Play Football at D1 Bryant Univ.
- Blackstone Valley Tech Receives $3,500 Donation from Millbury Federal Credit Union
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Host Screening of Documentary on Gender Revolution
- Blackstone Valley Tech Robotics Club to Compete in 2 International Competitions
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Fitzpatrick: A Tribute to Blackstone Valley Tech HS Coach Yancik
- Blackstone Valley Tech to Hold Admissions Open House
- Blackstone Valley Tech Class of 2017 Secures Over 200 Individual Scholarships
- Blackstone Valley Tech Students Combine to Win 98 Medals at 2017 SkillsUSA
- Blackstone Valley Tech Students Win 44 Medals at SkillsUSA Competition
- Blackstone Valley Tech Awarded $500,000 Technology Advancement Grant
- Blackstone Valley Tech Students Smith & Polymeros Create Bass Fishing Club
- Blackstone Valley Tech Grads Secure $6 Million in Scholarships