Car Crashes Into Echobrook Nursery Building in Worcester
Saturday, December 09, 2017
The driver, identified as a 36-year-old Worcester resident was removed from the car and taken to a nearby hospital with neck and back injuries.
There were no other injuries reported at the crash scene.
This investigation is ongoing. No citations have been issued at this time.
On Friday, December 8, at approximately 2:18 p.m., Worcester Police responded to 1120 Grafton Street for a single car accident. Responding officers were told that a car had crashed into a building doing business as Echobrook Nursery and that the driver of the car was trapped inside.
Rescue personnel were told that the trapped individual was having difficulty breathing. The driver, a 36-year-old Worcester resident, was removed from the car, treated at the scene and transported to a nearby hospital.
The preliminary investigation indicated that the car, a 2013 Subaru Impreza, was traveling North West on Grafton Street and suddenly made a U-turn. The Subaru was now traveling South East when it jumped the curb in front of 1110 Grafton Street and continued to travel across the parking lot before crashing into the building located at 1120 Grafton Street.
Recon investigators mapped out the crash scene and collected evidence. Investigators also spoke with witnesses. Meanwhile, other members of the Recon Unit went to the hospital and spoke with the operator of the Subaru. The victim was conscious and alert. The victim is in good condition but experiencing back and neck pain.
The vehicle was towed from the scene. Investigators will conduct a full mechanical inspection in order to determine if any mechanical deficiencies were a contributing factor leading up to the crash.
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Sally Beauty Supply
- Worcester Police Offer Tips for Halloween Safety
- Wal-Mart Shoplifter Steals Worcester Police Officer’s Pepper Spray, Tries to Spray Him
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Country Bank
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Paulino’s Market Armed With Gun
- Worcester Police Department to Promote 5 During Ceremony
- Worcester Police Department Recognized With Above & Beyond Award
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Arrest Man That Robbed Honey Farms With Syringe
- Worcester Police in Search of 2nd Suspect Following Armed Robbery on Belmont St.