Central MA’s #4 School: Hopkinton High School
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Students had near perfect scores on their MCAS tests. 99% of students were proficient or higher in English; 98% in science and 97% in math. SAT scores were also extremely strong. Students averaged 568 on verbal, 571 on writing and a 579 on math for the 2009-2010 school year. There are 13 students to every teacher, which beats the state average of 15.
The school is quite large with an enrollment during the 2010-2011 school year at 1047.
Allison Geary, the Principal of Hopkinton high school, said "Our mission is to provide students with personalized way so they feel excited and passionate about the things they are studying. There is a commitment from the community so that we are funded."
Hopkinton has guidance seminars that take place during the school day that help kids adjust, not only to high school but for life after school. Geary said they focus on emotional health. Students take wellness courses throughout high school so kids focus on making healthy decisions.
Hopkinton encourages kids to pursue opportunities outside the school. Geary said, "They get credit for other courses they might want to take outside of school. Students can take online courses. We try not to limit them. We focus on keeping them balanced. So everything is not about Hopkinton High School."
Hopkinton High School History
Hopinkon has a long history of support for public education, including the first town schoolhouse in1776. The original Hopkinton High School opened in 1903. The current high school was built in 1953. It was enlarged in 1961 and 1969. A major addition and remodeling project was completed in 1998.
Famous Alumni: Keegan Bradley, PGA Golfer
Mascot: The Hawk
- Central MA’s #20 School: West Boylston Jr. Sr. High
- Central MA’s #19 School: Lunenburg High School
- Central MA’s #18 School: North Middlesex Regional High School
- Central MA’s #17 School: Wachusett Regional High School
- Central MA’s #16 School: Tantasqua Regional High School
- Central MA’s #15 School: Sutton High School
- Central MA’s #14 School: Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical
- Central MA’s #13 School: Hopedale Jr. Sr. High
- Central MA’s #12 School: Grafton High School
- Central MA’s #11 School: Nipmuc Regional High School
- Central MA’s #10 School: Oakmont Regional High School
- Central MA’s #9 School: Shrewsbury Sr. High School
- Central MA’s #8 School: Tahanto Regional High School
- Central MA’s #7 School: Advanced Math and Science Academy Charter School
- Central MA’s #6 School: Nashoba Regional High
- Central MA’s #5 School: Algonquin Regional High School
- Central MA’s #3 School: Westborough High School
- Central MA’s #2 School: The Bromfield School
- Central MA’s #1 School: Mass Academy for Math and Science School
- Central MA’s Top High Schools 2012: How We Got the Rankings
- The Top High Schools in Massachusetts 2012: An Overview of the Study
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.