slides: Highest Paid Teachers in Central Mass
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
The Commonwealth's 66,882 full-time equivalent public school teachers were paid $4,704,491,652 for an average salary of $70,340 in the 2010-2011 school year, according to data from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
GoLocalWorcester broke down the 20 districts in Central Mass with the highest average teacher salaries to see how the region's schools measure up. Only 13 districts in the area had average salaries that exceeded the statewide average.
Editor's Note: An earlier version of this article listed the average teacher salary in Worcester Public Schools as $86,005 for the 2010-2011 school year, as listed in the teacher salary data available from the state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. However, according to the district's Human Resources department, the average salary was actually $68,000. The current average teacher salary in Worcester is $71,074. The district's lowest teacher salary is $42,461 and the highest amount a teacher can be paid is $83,000, but the teacher must have a doctorate degree.
- MA Property Taxes Among Nation’s Worst For Businesses
- 1 in 10 Worcester Teachers Missed at Least 20 Days Last Year
- 100 Worcester Teachers and Admin Earn More Than $100K
- John Monfredo: Superintendent Boone and The State of Worcester Public Schools
- John Monfredo: Worcester Schools and MA Commission for the Blind Team Up
- NEW: Two Central Mass Colleges Named Top Private School Values
- Report: Online Retailers Cost MA $387 Million in Tax Revenue
- Highest Taxed Communities in Central Mass for 2013