Central Massachusetts’ Man of the Year
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Rumors swirled. What was the real cause? Was anyone else in the car? What was he doing out at 5 am? The crash and the corresponding investigation reeked of cover-up and unanswered questions.
One year later, Murray is in the unique position of being the front-runner to succeed Deval Patrick as the 72nd Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
During the past twelve months, Murray has been everywhere and doing everything. He has taken the public lead on issues like the CSX rail project and environmental initiatives. There is not a public event involving police officers that he does not attend. The always-personable Murray has fought his way back into political viability.
With the demise of Martha Coakley’s career after her ill-fated and blatantly political attempt to prosecute Tim Cahill, and with Scott Brown likely to run for John Kerry’s soon-to-be-vacant seat, Murray’s path is far clearer to take the Governor’s seat.
Murray is likely to face a challenge from Treasurer Steven Grossman. Neither Murray ($236,024) nor Grossman ($356,662) have built impressive campaign war chests, but Murray is in far better shape than he was one year ago today.
Murray is the Commonwealth’s modern Lazarus. The next two years will be an amazing journey for Murray, but he literally and figuratively has come back from the dead.
Tim Murray is GoLocalWorcester’s Central Massachusetts' 2012 Man of the Year.
- NEW: Lt. Gov. Murray Seals Worcester Rail Deal
- NEW: Murray to Hold Press Conference at Union Station on Thursday
- NEW: Lt. Gov. Murray Announces Affordable Housing for Paxton Seniors
- NEW: Murray Elected Leader of National Lt. Governors Association
- NEW: Lt. Governor Murray: Transportation ‘Critical’ in Massachusetts
- NEW: Lt. Governor Murray Announces $5 Million for Vocational Schools
- NEW: Murray “Would Like to Be Governor”
- Casino Series Part 1: Did Murray Desert Worcester in Casino Bill?
- NEW: Murray Breaks Ground on South Acton Commuter Rail Station
- GoLocalTV: Lt. Governor Murray Finalizes Rail Deal in Worcester
- NEW: Murray Joins CSX for Opening of New Westborough Facility
- Lt. Gov. Murray Talks Cellphone Records
- NEW: Murray and McGovern Team with USDA to Announce $1 Million for Reforestation in Central Mass
- Murray: Mass. Underfunding Transportation Needs by $1 Billion Annually
- NEW: Patrick and Murray Release Statement on Passing of Former Mass Congressman Early