City of Worcester Announces Woman of Consequence Awards
Thursday, March 08, 2018
The awards will take place on Thursday, March 8 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at City Hall.
The keynote address will be provided by Framingham Dr. Spicer.
The 2018 Women of Consequence Award will be presented to Anh Vu Sawyer, executive director of the Southeast Asian Coalition of Central Massachusetts.
The 2018 Young Women of Consequence Award will be presented to Denezia Fahie, a senior at North High School.
The ACSW was created in 1977 and its function is to formulate, encourage, promote and monitor programs and policies relating to the status of women in the City of Worcester.
Since 1996, the ACSW has highlighted extraordinary women of all ages through the Woman of Consequence Awards. The ACSW promotes community awareness of women’s issues such as sexual exploitation, pay equality, and childcare through forums, recommendations to the City Manager and public awareness campaigns.
- Nichols Women’s Lacrosse Adds 10-Year-Old Cassidy Burke to Roster
- Nation Organization for Women Endorses Two in Worcester County Primaries
- Clark U. to Host Lecture on Theater & the Role of Women in Society
- Women’s Initiative of United Way Names New Leadership
- MA Ranked 16th Best in the U.S. for Women’s Equality
- Holy Cross Grad Farren Named to 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women List
- 157 Pregnant Women in the U.S. Test Positive for Zika Virus
- Finneran: Women’s Work
- 2 Worcester Women Shot on Saturday
- Women Drowns in Coes Pond in Worcester