Clark Awards 1,052 Degrees During 114th Commencement Ceremony
Monday, May 21, 2018
The breakdown of degrees included 451 bachelors, 577 master’s, and 24 doctorates.
“I share this history today, at your Commencement, to acknowledge the community of faculty and graduates of which you are now a part. It’s a community of courageous thinkers and resilient doers who no matter their year of graduation—1905, 1946, or 2018—all of these graduates would recognize today’s motto: Challenge Convention and Change our World. Clark graduates throughout the decades have made a difference, and we are proud and excited to welcome you to this distinguished alumni community,” said President David Angel.
The keynote address was given by Hauwa Ibrahim, an international human rights, and Shariah law attorney.
“I learned in each given situation—as a lawyer, as a teacher, as a mother—to understand the dynamic of what I’m doing and I chose to work within the dynamic,” said Ibrahim.
She added, “You will be tested — and when you are tested what should you do? We are going into a new world order that you will be defining, or redefining. Faith, resilience, and humility will not hurt. When tested, understand your situation and work within.”
She received an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree.
- Clark’s Grad School of Management Recognized as a Top Business School
- Clark to Host Conference Honoring Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Clark Ranked Among Schools Who Have the Biggest Impact
- 9 Clark Students Receive Scholarships to Study Abroad This Spring
- Clark’s Strassler Center to Hold Spring Lectures on Holocaust & Genocide
- Clark Adds 3 to Board of Trustees
- Arthur Ashe Courage Award Winner Bozella to Speak at Clark
- Poverty Researcher Elwood to Present ‘Visual Poverty Politics’ Lecture at Clark
- Criminal Justice Expert Fradella to Give Lecture on Racial Justice and Policing at Clark
- “Global Cultures” Conference at Clark to Feature International Writers
- Clark Professor Peet to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award From American Assoc. of Geographers
- Filmmaker Davis to Host Lecture Called “Whose Streets” at Clark
- Clark to Host 2nd Annual Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Clark to Host Free Screening of Award-Winning Film “Generation Zapped”
- Two Clark Climate Experts Chosen as Lead Authors for Premiere Report on Climate Change
- Clark Composer Aylward to Receive Honor From Academy of Arts & Letters
- Clark Alum McNamara to Receive Principles Responsible Management Education Award
- Clark to Host 4th International Conference for Students of Holocaust & Genocide Studies
- Clark Professor Michaels to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award