Clark Professor Hibbett Named American Assoc. for Advancement of Science Fellow
Friday, November 30, 2018
He is also included on the 2018 List of Highly Cited Researchers from Clarivate Analytics.
"Both of these honors mean a lot to me. It is humbling to be elected as an AAAS Fellow and to be included in the Highly Cited Researchers list. I am deeply grateful to the colleagues who supported my nomination for the AAAS Fellowship, and gratified to think that some of my work may have been useful to other scientists,” said Hibbett.
Hibbett is the seventh Clark faculty member to be named an AAAS Fellow since 1958; the last Clark scholar to receive this honor was Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Davis Baird in 2010.
Professor Hibbett, who has been at Clark since 1999, is considered one of today’s leading researchers in the analysis of fungal relationships through DNA analysis.
He concentrates his lab work in evolutionary biology and ecology of fungi. Professor Hibbett is a Fellow of the Mycological Society of America, and is past president of the Society, and served as a Grass Fellow at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard University.
He recently collaborated with the Worcester EcoTarium to create a permanent “Fungal Tree of Life” exhibit (which includes artwork by Clark alumnus Amy Yeager ’17) and is working on a book on mushroom evolution for a general audience.
- Clark U Awarded $620,000 Grant from Mellon Foundation
- MERGE for Equality to Host Healthy Men & Boys Summit on June 15 at Clark U
- Clark University to Host Lecture Focusing on Immigration Law
- Clark U Launches School of Professional Studies
- Clark U to Host Discussion on the History of Atlantic Slave Trade
- Clark U. to Host Screening of Domingo Guyton’s “Footprints in the Concrete”
- Clark University and Councilman King Celebrate Youth Worker Training Institute 2016 Graduation
- Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Clark U to Present Igor Stravinsky’s “A Soldier’s Tale”
- Clark U to Host Lecture on Syrian Refugee Crisis & U.S. Policy in Middle East
- Clark U to Host Its First Opioid Summit on Dec. 6
- Harvard Sociologist Desmond to Speak at Clark University
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- Clark U. Makes Kiplinger’s List for Best College Values in 2017
- Woman Nearly Robbed in Clark University Parking Garage
- Cartoonists Sturm & Brown to Give Lecture at Clark University
- Clark U. to Host Film Screening & Discussion of “Farewell to Factory Towns?”
- Clark U. to Host Lecture on Theater & the Role of Women in Society