Congressman McGovern Visits Worcester as Part of Affordable Housing Tour
Thursday, April 07, 2016
“In Worcester and throughout Central Massachusetts, increasing access to affordable housing is critical to building strong communities. The Lofts at Loomworks is a clear example of what we can achieve as we work together toward that goal. By bringing Massachusetts leaders together, we can invest in our local communities and strengthen affordable housing for local residents. I look forward to continuing the critical partnerships that make successes like The Lofts at Loomworks possible as we strengthen access to affordable housing for families in Worcester and throughout Central Massachusetts,” McGovern said.
McGovern in Worcester
Congressman McGovern joined a National Community Development Association (NCDA) event to speak about the need to strengthen investments in affordable housing in Worcester and Massachusetts communities.
Following the event, McGovern joined local leaders at a ribbon cutting for the grand opening of The Lofts at Loomworks. The
The Lofts are a 94 unit mixed income community in Worcester. The Loomworks project is a $27 million, two phase development which created 175-200 new construction jobs in the area.
Wednesday's events in Worcester are part of McGovern's ongoing work to promote equitable affordable housing, enhance economic competiveness and build upon community assets to create affordable, economically vital, and sustainable communities throughout Central Mass.
The visit to Worcester followed followed Tuesday's visit to Linwood Mill Apartments in Northbridge, which received $60,100 in federal low-income tax credits for redevelopment of the textile mill to create 75 units of affordable elderly rental housing.
- Nancy Pelosi and Rep. McGovern To Hold Hunger Roundtable
- Is Mayoral Race a Precursor to Gaffney Challenging McGovern?
- McGovern and Petty Release Statements on Worcester Shootings
- McGovern Honors Vietnam Vet Bob LaRose with Army Medals
- Congressman McGovern Visits and Reads to Local Webster Students
- McGovern Leads Groundbreaking for New Bike Path in Worcester
- Congressman McGovern to Help Plant 14 Trees at Roosevelt School in Worcester
- McGovern Announces $1 Million to WRTA to Increase Reliability of Green Buses
- McGovern Welcomes $2 Million Worcester Innovation Center
- McGovern Wants Residents to Have a Say in LPG Sites
- Railroad Owner Reacts to McGovern’s Safe Communities Act
- Congressman McGovern Approves of $133 Million in Energy Assistance
- Congressman McGovern Names Chandler Chief of Staff
- McGovern, Members of Congress Call For War Debate in Letter to Speaker Ryan
- McGovern Approves of Obama’s $1.1 Billion to Address Opioid Epidemic
- McGovern Blasts Republican Bill Forcing SNAP Recipients to Pass Drug Test
- GoLocalWorcester: 1-on-1 with Cong. McGovern on Worcester Homelessness
- McGovern Speaks on Overnight Stay at Homeless Shelter
- McGovern Calls Out Speaker Ryan Over Block Grant System
- McGovern to Host Central MA Muslim Community Leader at State of Union
- Governor Baker No on Syrian Refugees, McGovern Yes
- McGovern Forces Vote on Legislation to Keep Guns From Terrorists
- 15 Who Made a Difference in 2015: Jim McGovern, U.S. Congressman
- McGovern Blasts House GOP Bill Taking Healthcare Away From 22 Million Americans
- McGovern Meets With 2015 Congressional App Challenge Winners for MA