MA Dept. of Health Suspends Sales of Medical Marijuana Products at Healthy Pharms
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
`”Following the failed test report, Healthy Pharms immediately quarantined all affected product containing pesticide as required by state regulations. RMDs cannot sell any product that does not meet DPH testing standards. DPH will be coordinating with the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources, the agency responsible for pesticide enforcement and regulation in Massachusetts, to further look into this issue. We want to ensure that Healthy Pharms takes the appropriate corrective action to prevent this from happening in the future,” said Marc Nascarella, DPH’s chief toxicologist.
Retail sales were suspended Friday, February 23, after Healthy Pharms notified DPH, as mandated, of a failed lab test report that indicated the presence of the pesticide bifenthrin in a sample batch of product.
Bifenthrin is an insecticide in the pyrethroid family.
While bifenthrin is a common pesticide used in food products, RMDs are at this time prohibited from using pesticides on marijuana grown in their facilities. An RMD is required to notify DPH within 72 hours of any laboratory test result that indicates contamination that cannot be remediated.
Healthy Pharms has informed DPH that no medical marijuana from this batch of product, which contains pesticide, was sold to patients.
Healthy Pharms in MA
Healthy Pharms also sells edible and non-edible marijuana-infused products to two other RMDs - Theory Wellness located in Bridgewater and Great Barrington and Revolutionary Clinics in Somerville.
Currently, there are 22 RMDs open for sales across Massachusetts, serving more than 46,000 patients and over 5,100 personal caregivers.
- Fatal Crashes Involving Recent Marijuana Users Double in Washington
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- 400 Marijuana Plants Seized at Worcester Residence
- California Set to Decide on Legalizing Marijuana
- Group of Health Organizations Urge Dem National Committee to Reject Marijuana Legalization
- Worcester’s Augustus Signs Up Second Medical Marijuana Facility
- Worcester Has Agreement with Marijuana Dispensary - A Look at the People Behind the Company
- Mass Doctors Strongly Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- REPORT: Patriots Jones Had Bad Reaction to Synthetic Marijuana
- Report Claims Legalized Marijuana is Proving to Have Negative Consequences
- What’s the Status of Medical Marijuana in Central MA
- Petition to Reclassify Marijuana Denied by US DEA
- Worcester Teen Arrested for Possession of Marijuana
- Treasurer Goldberg Asks AG Sessions to Clarify Position on Marijuana Enforcement
- Two Men Rob Worcester Apartment of Marijuana
- Legalizing Marijuana is “Throwing Gasoline” on Addiction Fire, Says Former Congressman Kennedy
- Treasurer Goldberg Responds to Marijuana Conference Committee Report
- Massachusetts Votes to Legalize Marijuana
- Anti-Marijuana Legalization Campaign Launches TV in MA
- Is the Effort to Legalize Marijuana Picking Up Steam in Massachusetts?
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Legalizing Marijuana, Green Power, and Howard Johnson
- MA Medical Society, 10 Other Physician Groups Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Two Worcester Men Arrested for Possession of Over 3 Pounds of Marijuana