NEW: Gov. Patrick Pitches Budget to Public With Local Investment Maps
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
The 400 maps, two for each Senate and House district, are available on the state's website under "Choosing Growth in Our Communities."
"The site will enable everyone to see what we get with these investments," Patrick said. "The conversation is vitally important to have for this generation and the one to come."
He noted that people are hesitant to pay more in taxes, and while they may see the value in paying their fair share, they may also worry whether their money is being spent wisely.
The maps are intended to show voters just how the additional revenue generated from an increased income tax rate of 6.25 percent would be used.
"This is not just about quality of life. It is about growth," Patrick said, adding that investing in transportation and education are proven means of accelerating job growth.
"The case is there to be made. I'm trying to make it."
- Impact Of Patrick’s Deregulation On Small Businesses
- NEW: Gov Patrick Calls for In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants
- NEW: Gov Patrick Cuts Budgets to Close $540 Million Shortfall
- NEW: Gov Patrick Calls for Income Tax Hike, Sales Tax Cut
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Announces Tax Collection Deal With Amazon
- NEW: Gov. Patrick Pushes to Improve Housing Authorities in MA
- Gov. Patrick’s 2014 Budget: Winners and Losers