Elderly Worcester Man in Critical Condition Following Serious Crash
Thursday, June 16, 2016
On June 15 at approximately 9:11 a.m. Worcester Police responded to a serious two car accident in the area of 298 Massasoit Road.
Upon arrival, officers saw an 80-year-old operator of one of the two vehicles suffering from extensive injuries. The man was treated at the scene and transported to a nearby hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
The driver of the second vehicle. a 32-year-old male was treated for minor injuries. Both Drivers are Worcester residents.
The preliminary investigation indicated that the 32-year-old driver was operating a 2003 Buick Rendezvous north on Massasoit Road. As the vehicle approached the area of Massasoit Road and Lawton Street, the elderly driver, operating a 1995 Plymouth Acclaim, attempted to make a U-turn.
The Plymouth was traveling south but when he attempted to make the turn the vehicle was now mostly in the northbound lane, directly in the path of the Buick.
The buick struck the passenger side of the Plymouth. The force of the impact sent the Plymouth 51 feet sideways and came to rest against the tree. The elderly man was trapped inside his vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing. No citations have been issued at this time.
- Worcester Police & FBI File Charges in Child Rape Case
- Worcester Police Investigating Shots Fired on Fern Street
- Worcester Police in Search of Two Suspects Involved in Stabbing of Livery Driver
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting at Intersection of Palm and Arthur Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Man Reportedly Stabbed Over Sneakers Sunday Night
- Traffic Stop Leads Worcester Police to Firearm Arrest
- Worcester Police Provide Safety Tips for Taxi & Fast Food Delivery Drivers
- Worcester Police Investigating Hit & Run on Belmont Street
- Worcester Police Investigating Armed Robbery of Chester Street Home
- Worcester Police Investigating Shooting on Providence Street
- Worcester Police Arrest 6 on Drug Related Charges
- Worcester Police Investigating Non-Fatal Shooting on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police Officer Hit by Car While Chasing Suspect on Chino Avenue
- Worcester Police May Have Stopped Shooting
- Deputy Chief Steve Sargent Named New Worcester Police Chief
- Worcester Police Promotions Thursday
- Worcester Police Continue to Investigate Fatal 146 Crash
- Worcester Police in Search of Suspect After Attempted Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police Chief Gemme is Out Effective May 13th, UPDATED
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Charge Suspect With Kidnapping Following Accosting of Teenage Girls
- Worcester Police Arrest Suspect After Female Was Slashed in Face & Hands
- Worcester Police Investigating 2 Males Shot on Friday Afternoon
- Worcester Police Arrest 4 Men After Store Clerk is Assaulted
- Man Missing: Worcester Police Ask for Help