Filmmaker Davis to Host Lecture Called “Whose Streets” at Clark
Thursday, March 08, 2018
The talk will take place on Thursday, March 22 at 7 p.m. at Razzo Hall. The event is free and open to the public.
"Whose Streets?" tells the story of the protests from the perspective of the activists who showed up to challenge those who use power to spread fear and hate.
The film premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and was released to theaters three years after Brown was fatally shot by Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson in August 2017; it was praised for its portrayal of activism, with focuses on organizations such as Cop Watch, and the Hands Up movement.
A statement by the co-directors says that the film was made “as tribute to our people—our deeply complex, courageous, flawed, powerful, and ever hopeful people—who dare to dream of brighter days. This is more than a documentary…this is a story we personally lived.”
- MERGE for Equality to Host Healthy Men & Boys Summit on June 15 at Clark U
- Clark U. to Host Screening of Domingo Guyton’s “Footprints in the Concrete”
- Clark U Awarded $620,000 Grant from Mellon Foundation
- Clark University to Host Lecture Focusing on Immigration Law
- Clark U Launches School of Professional Studies
- Clark University and Councilman King Celebrate Youth Worker Training Institute 2016 Graduation
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Clark U. Professor Guides Parents of Gay/Lesbian Children in New Book
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.
- Clark U to Host Discussion on the History of Atlantic Slave Trade
- Clark U to Present Igor Stravinsky’s “A Soldier’s Tale”
- Harvard Sociologist Desmond to Speak at Clark University
- Clark U. to Host Film Screening & Discussion of “Farewell to Factory Towns?”
- Clark U to Host Its First Opioid Summit on Dec. 6
- Clark U. Makes Kiplinger’s List for Best College Values in 2017
- Woman Nearly Robbed in Clark University Parking Garage
- Clark U. to Host Lecture on Theater & the Role of Women in Society
- Author Rick Moody to Discuss Newest Novel “Hotels of North America” at Clark U.
- Clark U to Host Lecture on Syrian Refugee Crisis & U.S. Policy in Middle East
- Tom Petty Biographer Warren Zanes to Host Talk at Clark University
- MA State Auditor Bump to Speak at Clark University
- Clark U. to Host Lecture on Holocaust History and Survivor Testimony
- Cartoonists Sturm & Brown to Give Lecture at Clark University