Former Trump Campaign Manager Manafort Found Guilty on 8 Counts
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
The judge declared a mistrial on the other 10.
Writes Axios in their "Big Picture:"
This is the first case special counsel Robert Mueller has brought to court in his ongoing probe into potential Russian interference in the 2016 elections.
However, the federal tax and financial fraud charges are not related to Manafort's work with the Trump campaign, but rather for his activities as a lobbyist in Ukraine.
Latest for Manafort -- and Trump
On Tuesday, former Trump attorney Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to criminal charges.
Manafort's legal battle stems back to October 2017, when surrendered to the FBI after he and his business associate Rick Gates were indicted by a federal grand jury on 12 charges, including conspiracy against the U.S.
Manafort and Gates were also charged with conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading US Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.
- Horowitz: Comey Goes After Trump Where He is Most Vulnerable
- Could Trump’s Erosion Become a Political Avalanche?—Sunday Political Brunch March 11
- Finneran: Trump, Comey, & Willie Nelson
- The Trump Foreign Policy Doctrine May Be Taking Shape - Sunday Political Brunch April 29
- Trump to Name Belichick to President’s Council on Sport, Fitness, and Nutrition
- Beverly Man Charged With Mailing Powder to Trump Jr. Arraigned in Worcester
- Weiss: Trump’s Budget Proposal Comes ‘Dead on Arrival’ to Aging Groups
- Horowitz: Flake & McCain Sound the Alarm on Trump’s Attacks on Free Press
- Horowitz: State of the Union Provides Trump With an Opportunity to Reset
- Don Roach: Donald Trump is Not a Racist. He’s Worse
- CVS PAC Is One of the Largest Donors to Trump’s Campaign
- McGovern Calls Trump’s Withdrawal from Iran Deal “Reckless & Dangerous”
- Fecteau: Trump’s Nuclear Gamble
- Horowitz: Trump Blames America First
- Trump Names Kavanaugh To United States Supreme Court
- McCain Calls Trump’s Meeting & Press Conference With Putin “Disgraceful”
- Finneran: Now Pitching - Donald Trump
- Horowitz: Trump Commits Policy Malpractice on Fuel Efficiency Standards
- Horowitz: Obamacare Still Standing Despite Trump’s Best Efforts
- Horowitz: Trump’s Demonization of Immigrants is Not Working