Four Men Arrested in Worcester for Selling Crack Cocaine
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Police were in the area conducting surveillance on the building that is marked with a “no trespassing” sign.
On July 11, 2017 at about at about 12:30 p.m., members of the WPD Neighborhood Response Team wore plain clothes and were conducting surveillance in the area of 667 Main St. The building is clearly marked “No Trespassing.”
Officers’ attention was drawn to multiple individuals hanging out in front of the building, including Jose Diaz, 47 of 85 Piedmont St, Jonathan Rodriguez, 33 of 229 Chandler St, Kenneth Perez, 26, of 229 Chandler St, and Vernon Jones, 36, of 68 Chatham St. Officers were familiar with these individuals from previous drug investigations in Main South.
Officers saw an individual approach Jose Diaz and have a short conversation with him. Diaz walked over to Jonathan Rodriguez and gave him paper money. Rodriguez took something out of his mouth and gave it to Diaz, who delivered it back to the buyer.
Officers believed that a drug transaction had taken place, so they stopped the buyer and recovered a clear knotted baggie containing what they believe to be crack cocaine.
Officers arrested Jose Diaz and Jonathan Rodriguez, both of whom were charged with Distribution of Cocaine and Conspiracy to Violate Controlled Substance Laws.
Officers arrested Vernon Jones for Trespassing and an outstanding warrant, and Kenneth Perez for Trespassing.
The buyer was issued a summons to go to court for Possession of a Class B Substance.
- Worcester Police to Step Up Efforts to Prohibit Alcohol Sales to Minors
- Worcester Police Make Arrest Connected to Constitution Ave Stabbing
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit
- 5 Worcester Police Officers to be Promoted in Ceremony on Friday
- Seven Officers to Graduate From Worcester Police Mounted Patrol Unit Tuesday
- Worcester Police Offer Alcohol Training to Local Bars, Restaurants
- Worcester Police Offer Holiday Safety Tips for Shoppers
- Crime Spree — Three Armed Robberies Linked Say Worcester Police
- Worcester Police Make Cocaine Drug Bust
- 17-Year-Old Steals Truck and Drags Owner on Wild Chase with Worcester Police
- Cambridge St Honey Farms Robbed - Worcester Police in Search of Suspect
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Involved in Robbery of CVS
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Two Credit Card Skimmer Suspects
- Worcester Police to Promote two Officers During Ceremony on Friday
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Robbed Grafton Street Walgreens
- Worcester Police Arrest Two for Trafficking Drugs Near Lincoln Plaza
- Worcester Police to Launch Mounted Patrol Unit
- Two Arrested After Worcester Police Find Remains of Newborn Baby on Lake Ave
- Worcester Police Seek Help in Identifying Suspect in Metro PCS Armed Robbery
- Worcester Police to Honor Memory of 15 Officers During Ceremony on Sunday
- Worcester Man Arrested for Drunk Driving After Hitting Worcester Police Car
- Worcester Police Promote 7 New Sergeants
- Worcester Police in Search of Man Who Attempted to Break Into Muslim School - Alhuda Academy
- Worcester Police to Swear in 8 New Officers on Friday