Goldberg Takes Mass Democratic Nomination for Treasurer
Tuesday, September 09, 2014
She outspent her opponents Finegold by over a quarter-million dollars and Conroy by over one-million dollars. Goldberg’s family established their fortune with the founding and expansion of the Stop and Shop grocery chain – later sold to a large chain in 1996.
Goldberg worked for Stop and Shop after she earned a law degree from Boston College and an MBA from Harvard. Her prior political experience has come on the Board of Selectmen in the town of Brookline, where she served as Chairman. In the 2006 Democratic Primary, Goldberg finished second in a three-way race to then Worcester- Mayor Tim Murray with 33% of the vote.
The key issues Goldberg campaigned on were wage equality, an enhanced college savings plan, expanded educational programs for financial literacy and examining whether Massachusetts should follow the example of North Dakota in founding a state-owned bank for lower-cost lending for infrastructure projects and lower-cost business development loans.
Golberg’s Republican opponent in November will be Michael James Heffernan – who has to-date raised a limited amount of funds at $250,000.
- Why Is Voter Turnout Low in Worcester School Committee Elections?
- State Officials Expecting Low Voter Turnout for MA Primary
- Everything You Need to Know for Primary Day
- Primary Voter’s Guide
- Mass Primary Results
- GoLocalTV Thursday, September 7, 2012: Mary Keefe on Her Primary Win
- Mathew Helman: Stephen Lynch’s Convictions Wilt in Democratic Primary
- Winner of Dem Primary Could Decide Direction of 15th District
- Which Candidate Spent The Most This Primary Season?
- Which Republican Will You Vote For in the US Senate Primary Election?
- NEW: Gabriel Gomez Projected Winner of GOP US Senate Primary
- NEW: Ed Markey Projected Winner of Democratic US Senate Primary
- Coakley Wins – Will Face Off Against Baker in November
- New Patients Face Long Waits for Primary Care in Worcester
- NEW: Markey and Lynch Reach Agreement on Senate Primary Debates
- NEW: UMass Med Ranked #9 in Primary Care Education by U.S. News & World Report
- Experts Make Predictions on Primary Outcomes
- UMass Medical School Ranked 5th in US for Primary Care
- MA Primary Predictions: Political Experts Weigh In
- MA Attorney General Race Deadlocked Heading Toward Primary
- Donahue - Petty Staffer Wins Democratic Primary for 16th
- NEW: Donahue Wins Worcester 16th District State Rep Dem. Primary
- Which Democrat Will You Vote For in the US Senate Primary Election?
- NEW: Voter Registration Deadline is Friday for State Primary
- Democratic Hopefuls Answer to Voters Ahead of Primary
- Grace Ross: Primary Voting is a Must