Hernandez Guilty of First Degree Murder
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
He was arrested at his home on June 26, 2013 and charged with first-degree murder of Odin Lloyd, whose body was found in an industrial park near Hernandez’s house in North Attelboro.
Hernandez was also charged with one count of carrying a firearm without a license, two counts of possessing a large-capacity firearm and two counts of possessing a firearm without a firearm identification card.
He faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Two other men who were with Hernandez at the time, Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace were also arrested in connection with the death of Lloyd. Ortiz and Wallace will be tried seperately.
Hernandez has yet to face charges for a double murder in Boston, which took place on July 16, 2012, where two men were killed by gunshots fired into their vehicle. Hernandez was indicted on those murder charges in May 2014, in addition to charges of armed assault and attempted murder.
- GoLocal Sports tackles Hernandez, Bruins and more
- Leonardo Angiulo: Aaron Hernandez Should Probably Lawyer Up
- NEW: Hernandez Involved In Run-Ins With Providence Police
- NEW: Reports Saying Hernandez Arrest Imminent
- Patriots’ Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Patriots Star Aaron Hernandez Arrested
- NEW: Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder + 5 Gun-Related Charges
- Nguyen: Hernandez Trial: Think About the Appeal
- NEW: Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Double Murder Charge
- Belichick on Hernandez: “Personally, I’m hurt.”
- NEW: Hernandez Being Investigated In 2012 Double-Murder
- Nguyen: Hernandez Did Not Need To Pull The Trigger To Be Found Guilty Of Murder