Hoffman Named Chair of Cannabis Control Commission
Sunday, September 03, 2017
“I am pleased to appoint Steven Hoffman as Chair of the Cannabis Control Commission. Steven brings a wealth of invaluable experience from a long and distinguished career in business development, corporate strategy and senior management. I am confident that he will serve the Commonwealth well and steer this brand-new industry in the right direction,” said Goldberg.
Hoffman will serve as the Chair of the Commission.
“I am honored to be appointed Chair of the Cannabis Control Commission by Treasurer Goldberg. I hope to guide this Commission thoughtfully and responsibly as we implement the legalization of recreational marijuana in Massachusetts. We have a lot to do, I am excited to get to work,” said Hoffman.
Hoffman served as CEO at ThinkFire and Exchange Solutions.
He was the Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer at Sapient and he led the Chicago office and the Global Strategy Practice as a Senior Vice President at CSC Index.
He was a partner at Bain and Company, where he ran the firm’s 600-person Boston Office.
He holds a BA in Economics from Wesleyan University and an MBA in Finance and Statistics from the University of Chicago.
Cannabis Control Commission
Per statute, the Treasurer’s appointment must have experience in corporate management, finance, or securities and will serve a term of five years.
The 5 member Cannabis Control Commission in an independent agency, with appointees from the Treasurer, Governor, and the Attorney General, that was established by Chapter 55 of the Acts of 2017 which was signed by the Governor in July.
Related Slideshow: The Highest Marijuana Prices in New England by State
The "crowdsourced" website, The Price of Weed, uses consumer input to show how much an ounce of marijuana costs -- by location.
Below are the rankings of New England states, from lowest price reported for "medium grade" marijuana, to highest, along with the number ("n") submitting data.
- Fatal Crashes Involving Recent Marijuana Users Double in Washington
- 51 Pounds of Marijuana Seized by Worcester Police
- 400 Marijuana Plants Seized at Worcester Residence
- California Set to Decide on Legalizing Marijuana
- Group of Health Organizations Urge Dem National Committee to Reject Marijuana Legalization
- Worcester’s Augustus Signs Up Second Medical Marijuana Facility
- Worcester Has Agreement with Marijuana Dispensary - A Look at the People Behind the Company
- Mass Doctors Strongly Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- REPORT: Patriots Jones Had Bad Reaction to Synthetic Marijuana
- Report Claims Legalized Marijuana is Proving to Have Negative Consequences
- What’s the Status of Medical Marijuana in Central MA
- Petition to Reclassify Marijuana Denied by US DEA
- Worcester Teen Arrested for Possession of Marijuana
- Treasurer Goldberg Asks AG Sessions to Clarify Position on Marijuana Enforcement
- Two Men Rob Worcester Apartment of Marijuana
- Legalizing Marijuana is “Throwing Gasoline” on Addiction Fire, Says Former Congressman Kennedy
- Treasurer Goldberg Responds to Marijuana Conference Committee Report
- Massachusetts Votes to Legalize Marijuana
- Anti-Marijuana Legalization Campaign Launches TV in MA
- Is the Effort to Legalize Marijuana Picking Up Steam in Massachusetts?
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Legalizing Marijuana, Green Power, and Howard Johnson
- MA Medical Society, 10 Other Physician Groups Oppose Recreational Marijuana
- Worcester Chamber Opposes Legalizing Marijuana Ballot Question
- Two Worcester Men Arrested for Possession of Over 3 Pounds of Marijuana