In Case You Missed It: Highest Paid Teachers in Central MA
Saturday, December 07, 2013
The Highest Teacher Salaries in Central MA
Teacher salaries in Worcester public schools averaged $89,065 during the 2011-12 academic year. While the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education reported this high average compensation, some members of the school district claim that the state data tallies fewer teachers than actually work in Worcester schools.
Related Slideshow: College Guide 2013: Best Places To Eat On A College Budget
Our college lifestyle experts have hand-picked these restaurants as great dining options for students on a college budget. Enjoy!
Make a Meal out of it
One way to eat cheap is to pick a food that is generally inexpensive and make a meal out of it. Wings are a college favorite that won’t run up your bill. Whether you have them delivered, take-out, or for a night out, wings can be a great option. Check out one of Worcester’s favorite spots for wings, Wings Over Worcester.
1 Kelley Square, Worcester, MA
Hours: Sun-Wed 11 AM - 1 AM, Thur-Sat 11 AM - 2 AM
Also, keep an eye out for GolocalWorcester’s College Guide on Best Places to Get Wings later this week!
Find Free Stuff
What is better than free stuff? Nothing when you’re a college kid. If you’re smart you’ll want to find restaurants where you can get the most bang for your buck. Smokestack Urban Barbecue offers a bacon happy hour on Thursdays where they feature; you guessed it, free bacon.
139 Green St, Worcester, MA
Hours: Sun Noon - 8 PM, Mon-Thur 4:30 PM - 9 PM, Fri-Sat Noon -10 PM.
If you’re over 21, you know that the biggest part of your bill usually isn’t your meal, but rather your drinks. Though it may be fun to order drinks when you go out, places that allow you to bring your own drinks will save you tons of cash. West Side Steak & BBQ has a great menu and allows you to bring in your own beer or wine.
2 Richmond Ave, Worcester, MA
Hours: Mon-Thur 11 AM - 9 PM, Fri-Sat 11 AM - 10 PM, Sun Noon - 9 PM
For more about drinking around campus, keep an eye out for GolocalWorcester’s College Guide on the Best Bars to Grab a Drink later this week!
All You Can Eat
Pay one price and eat all you want; is there a better deal than that? Though buffets may get a bad rap, there are plenty of good ones around. At Pampas Churrascaria, a Brazilian steakhouse located in Worcester, you can get the all-you-can eat special for $22.99 every day before 5 PM.
145 East Central St, Worcester
Hours: Open 7 days: 11:30 AM - 10 PM
Why eat dinner when you can fill up on lunch? Many restaurants offer lunch buffets so you can get the most out of your midday meal without breaking the bank. Sapporo Korean Barbecue & Sushi is an Asian restaurant in Worcester County that offers great buffet options.
50 E Main St, Westborough, MA
Hours: Tues-Sat 11:30 AM - 10 PM, Sun 12 PM - 9 PM
Lunch specials are another great option if you’re hungry during lunchtime. Sushi spots, which can be expensive later in the day, offer some of the best lunch specials in Worcester. Check out the luncheon menu at 7 NaNa Japanese Steakhouse.
60 Shrewsbury St, Worcester, MA
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:30 AM - 1 AM, Sun 12 PM - 10 PM
Check out GolocalWorcester’s College Guide on Best Asian Cuisine and Best Sushi later this week!
You don’t need to have food delivered to your dorm or eat at a diner to get those late-night deals. If you do some investigating you’ll know where to get sushi rolls and delicious desserts for only $6. The Sole Proprietor Seafood Bar offers this deal after 10pm on weekdays, 11pm on weekends, and 9pm on Sundays.
118 Highland St, Worcester, MA
508- 798- 3474.
Late Night Special Hours: Thurs 10 PM - 1 AM, Fri-Sat 11 PM - 1 AM, Sun 9 PM - 1 AM
When in Doubt: Five Guys
Five Guys burger is a classic; if you haven’t been there yet, you’re in for a great experience. Insider tip: if you ask for your order to go, your order of French fries, which are freshly-fried and cut on the premises, is doubled. Now that’s how you get twice the amount of food for less.
525 Lincoln St, Worcester, MA
Open 7 Days: 11 AM - 10 PM
For more on the best places (and the cheapest) to grab a burger consult GolocalWorcester’s College Guide on Best Burger Joints, coming later in the week!
- In Case You Missed It: 25 Most Violent Towns In Central MA
- In Case You Missed It: Most Eligible Bachelors and Bachelorettes
- In Case You Missed It: Was The Cronut Invented In Worcester?
- In Case You Missed It: Central MA Highest Paid College Presidents
- In Case You Missed It: NE Colleges With The Highest Paid Grads
- In Case You Missed It: Worcester Chamber of Commerce Gets Aggressive
- In Case You Missed It: Central MA’s Most Polluted Ponds + Lakes
- In Case You Missed It: New England’s Top Public High Schools
- In Case You Missed It: Worcester Colleges—What The Presidents Make
- In Case You Missed It: Central Mass. Growers Take on Monsanto
- In Case You Missed It: Student Loan Default Rates in Central MA
- In Case You Missed It: Worcester Gas Station Drug Controversy
- In Case You Missed It: Healthiest Counties in Massachusetts
- In Case You Missed It: Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013
- In Case You Missed It: Worcester’s Highest Paid School Employees
- In Case You Missed It: Which States Are Stealing Jobs from MA?
- In Case You Missed It: Highest Paying Jobs in Massachusetts
- In Case You Missed It: Ten Greatest Days In NE Sports History
- In Case You Missed It: 20 Worcester Artists You Need To Know
- In Case You Missed It: Hottest Real Estate Towns in Central Mass.
- In Case You Missed It: The 10 Coolest People in Worcester
- In Case You Missed It: 25 Biggest Celebrities From Central Massachusetts
- In Case You Missed It: Massachusetts’ Best Communities 2013
- In Case You Missed It: The Worst Behaved Schools in MA