In Case You Missed It: Medical Pot Users in MA Could Lose Jobs
Saturday, February 08, 2014
Medical Marijuana Users in Massachusetts Could Lose Their Jobs
Anti-discrimination laws won't protect medical marijuana patients in the workplace in Massachusetts.
Because marijuana remains a federally scheduled drug, and the state's recent medical marijuana law doesn't outline employers' obligations, registered patients in the Commonwealth will be at risk of losing their jobs or not being hired as a result of legally prescribed medication.
Read more about the danger federal laws could pose to Massachusetts medical marijuana users HERE.
Related Slideshow: New England States with Highest Marijuana Arrest Rates
- MA Entrepreneurs Gear Up For Medical Marijuana “Green Rush”
- NEW: MA Medical Society Cites Concerns on Medical Marijuana Law
- Who Wins With Medical Marijuana?
- MA Medical Marijuana Biz: Boom or Bust?
- NEW: MA Medical Society Testifies on Medical Marijuana Regulations
- Why Is Medical Marijuana So Popular In Worcester?
- Mass Medical Society: New Medical Marijuana Regulations “Raise Concerns”
- NEW: Mass Medical Society Takes Stance on Physician-Assisted Suicide and Medical Marijuana
- Worcester Officials Call for Local Controls With Medical Marijuana
- 14 Non-Profits Seek Medical Marijuana License for Worcester County
- Medical Marijuana: 13 to Watch in Central Mass in 2013
- NEW: Massachusetts Medical Society Issues New Policy on Medical Marijuana
- Worcester to Explore Zoning Restrictions for Medical Marijuana
- Central MA Medical Marijuana Race Narrows to 13 Players
- Medical Marijuana Users in Massachusetts Could Lose Their Jobs
- NEW:Question 3 Passes for Medical Marijuana
- Industry Group to Call for Tough Regulations on Medical Marijuana at Worcester Hearing
- Medical Marijuana: 14 To Watch in Central Mass in 2014
- Out-of-State Money Funding Medical Marijuana Campaign
- Leonardo Angiulo: A Look at Medical Marijuana Laws
- Medical Marijuana: Top Stories in Central Mass in 2012
- What Would You Rather Have In Your Town: Casino or Medical Marijuana?
- Leonardo Angiulo: Questions Remain About Medical Marijuana
- NEW: BU’s Own Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Advocates for Medical Marijuana