In Case You Missed It: Medical Pot Users in MA Could Lose Jobs
Saturday, February 08, 2014
Medical Marijuana Users in Massachusetts Could Lose Their Jobs
Anti-discrimination laws won't protect medical marijuana patients in the workplace in Massachusetts.
Because marijuana remains a federally scheduled drug, and the state's recent medical marijuana law doesn't outline employers' obligations, registered patients in the Commonwealth will be at risk of losing their jobs or not being hired as a result of legally prescribed medication.
Read more about the danger federal laws could pose to Massachusetts medical marijuana users HERE.
Related Slideshow: New England States with Highest Marijuana Arrest Rates
- 14 Non-Profits Seek Medical Marijuana License for Worcester County
- Central MA Medical Marijuana Race Narrows to 13 Players
- Industry Group to Call for Tough Regulations on Medical Marijuana at Worcester Hearing
- Leonardo Angiulo: A Look at Medical Marijuana Laws
- Leonardo Angiulo: Questions Remain About Medical Marijuana
- MA Entrepreneurs Gear Up For Medical Marijuana “Green Rush”
- MA Medical Marijuana Biz: Boom or Bust?
- Mass Medical Society: New Medical Marijuana Regulations “Raise Concerns”
- Medical Marijuana: 13 to Watch in Central Mass in 2013
- Medical Marijuana Users in Massachusetts Could Lose Their Jobs
- Medical Marijuana: 14 To Watch in Central Mass in 2014
- Medical Marijuana: Top Stories in Central Mass in 2012
- NEW: BU’s Own Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Advocates for Medical Marijuana
- NEW: MA Medical Society Cites Concerns on Medical Marijuana Law
- NEW: MA Medical Society Testifies on Medical Marijuana Regulations
- NEW: Mass Medical Society Takes Stance on Physician-Assisted Suicide and Medical Marijuana
- NEW: Massachusetts Medical Society Issues New Policy on Medical Marijuana
- NEW:Question 3 Passes for Medical Marijuana
- Out-of-State Money Funding Medical Marijuana Campaign
- What Would You Rather Have In Your Town: Casino or Medical Marijuana?
- Who Wins With Medical Marijuana?
- Why Is Medical Marijuana So Popular In Worcester?
- Worcester Officials Call for Local Controls With Medical Marijuana
- Worcester to Explore Zoning Restrictions for Medical Marijuana
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.