In Case You Missed It: Most + Least Diverse High Schools in MA
Saturday, February 23, 2013
GoLocalWorcester's first-ever ranking of every public and charter high school in Massachusetts shed some light on the Bay State's diversity. Worcester's South High Principal Maureen Binienda, whose school ranked 3rd in the state, and other education experts provide context for what diversity does--and doesn't--look like in Massachusetts high schools.
What are Massachusetts' most--and least--diverse high schools? GoLocal's new ranking utilized data filed by each school with the Institute for Education Science's National Center for Education Statistics to assess each of the Commonwealth's public and charter high school's overall racial balance. The more balanced a school's enrollment was across all race categories as named by the NCES, the higher it ranked. See every MA school with its percentages and overall rankings in this chart.
Compare each and every public and charter high school's racial percentages and how they ranked on diversity within the Central Mass region.
Read how GoLocalWorcester got the numbers and weighed them in its rankings.
- CHART: The Most and Least Diverse Private High Schools in MA
- CHART: The Most and Least Diverse Public High Schools in MA
- Experts React: The Most Diverse High Schools in MA
- How White Is Your School: The Most Diverse High Schools in MA
- Methodology: The Most Diverse High Schools in MA
- The Most Diverse Private + Parochial High Schools in MA
- The Most and Least Diverse High Schools in Central MA
- The Top 50 Most Diverse Public High Schools in MA
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.