In Case You Missed It: Worcester Chamber of Commerce Gets Aggressive
Saturday, July 13, 2013
Worcester's Chamber of Commerce Gets Aggressive
One man’s softball is another’s hardball. Tim Murray learned that valuable lesson the old-fashioned way. He earned it.
Murray is the new president and CEO of the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce. On June 3, he replaced Dick Kennedy, who had held those posts for the past nine years. Murray is being paid $200,000 a year – much more than the $125,000 annual paycheck he received as second-in-command to Deval Patrick for the past six- and-a-half years.
Job One for Murray: To establish the Chamber as the economic-development catalyst for Greater Worcester – especially, the hub of the region, Worcester. That undertaking will be as daunting a mission as it is long overdue.
- NEW: Murray to Head Worcester Chamber
- NEW: Worcester Chamber Establishes Fund for Economic Development
- Tim Murray’s Worcester Chamber of Commerce Gets Aggressive
- Worcester Chamber of Commerce Gets Chance To Reinvent Under Murray
- NEW: Murray Issues First Official Letter as Worcester Chamber Head